When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Noobfactory Subc to compete with the BP 2013?

speedy1969

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I've been hearing a lot of talk this past while of a new submariner ceramic 

coming out of the noobfactory in the very near future? Can anyone confirm

this? I was originally looking at getting my hands on a new BP from Andrew

but if theres a new competitor on the way perhaps I should wait it out?

Thank-you, gentlemen 

If you are picky just grab a modded BP sub-c from Vac.

I just picked up my stock BP Sub-C from the mail today and I am definitely impressed.

They do suffer from QC issues but it's hard to complain considering I only paid $125 and what a steal!

Since my heart is into vintage I will likely only wear this on a few occasions so I won't be upgrading. If I had the funds though a gen would be on my wrist as the size is perfect.

I will say IF I were to upgrade (or cared about this watch) I would go through Vac and pay the price. There are definite QC issues when viewed upon close inspection on mine. Lume could be applied much better on both the dial and pearl. The etched crown at 6 is off center. The BP glidelock clasp is crap but it is fixable if you glued on an L shaped piece of metal that allows it to hook on the grooves better. The bezel numbers definitely need the platinum paint mod. Most physical issues can't be seen from the wrist though. It does look like the real deal if you aren't looking at it from 6 inches away and it oozes that gen sparkle.

While mine has issues I STILL think it's a steal and it's extremely hard to complain at $125.

Edit: add pic.

IMAG0885_zps79fe139a.jpg

I have the prototype noob 2013 sub and it already runs rings round the quality of the bp!!!

It needs modding to be close but that's nothing new.

The gen crystal fits perfectly and there is no need to use the bp gasket as the noob is perfectly repped dimensionally.

The case is better and more crisply finished and the bracelet is excellent like the noob exp quality.

Cg's are better and the crown is nice whereas bp is poor on these parts!

Here is a quick pic to give an idea. Hopefully the finished product will impress us more than the bp and prototype model. I have a gen crystal fitted and a wm9 v3 dial with bp markers and hands.

jytygunu.jpg

• Like 1

I have the prototype noob 2013 sub and it already runs rings round the quality of the bp!!!

It needs modding to be close but that's nothing new.

The gen crystal fits perfectly and there is no need to use the bp gasket as the noob is perfectly repped dimensionally.

The case is better and more crisply finished and the bracelet is excellent like the noob exp quality.

Cg's are better and the crown is nice whereas bp is poor on these parts!

Here is a quick pic to give an idea. Hopefully the finished product will impress us more than the bp and prototype model. I have a gen crystal fitted and a wm9 v3 dial with bp markers and hands.

jytygunu.jpg

That pearl and DWO look very gen-like compared to the BP... I agree in terms of looking the part from a few feet away the BP is good, however, the finishing touches of the noob show a much better build quality. If they could just tweek the insert and dial/markers they can have what we all strive for "The Best Sub" ..... Very nice.... 

Edited by eVojlib
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have to disagree on the noob. The SEL is horrible on that watch. The pearl is better on the BP as well. Bezel color is more accurate on BP.

Agreed. SEL fit on my BP is perfect. That to me is the most important detail on a subC. If there is a glaring gap it just makes all of the other details pointless.

The 25-295-CAR-CY crystal fits the BP..........??

Yes it fits. There are very specific steps you must take to successfully install the 25-295 crystal. If anyone wants it done I'd highly recommend sending it in to myself or mymanmatt. We have sat down and done quite a few.