When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vac service and turnaround update!

vaccum

UPDATE April 17 2013

Due to the high demand for AP lume, AR and movement service we decided to hire another watch smith to help us do "Full service”, he will be dedicated to:
*take movement apart
*clean using ultrasonic
*put movement back together, oil, lube and grease then regulate beat and rate.
I will still do all other mods like always!

This will improve our turn around time by at least 30% 

PLEASE note that till will affect work received after April 25 2013

All other work already with me will be finished ASAP.

Thanks for your support over the years and looking forward to provide the same or better quality with shorter turnaround.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi vac i tried to send you a message. I was told your cannot accept messages. Please lmk where to message you as i would like to know if your able to work on a project for me thanku.

Try him here mate vaclume@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know his historic lack of communication as the watch I sent in was purchased from him. The problem is that the watch had a problem and it was sent back. He has had the watch since July 2 and has yet to let me know what he is doing to it.

I sent him an email on 10/27/2010 (just looked up the email) to send my first rep in for service. I got an automated response saying he was busy and wouldn't be able to respond quickly... I am still waiting on a reply. The Zigmeister has worked on 6 watches since.

Zigmeister has a personal secretary to handle his communications, and even then it's frowned upon to communicate unnecessarily. I"m not excusing the lack of communication - I'm trying to lay out what to expect. You send your piece to Vac and you get it back in immaculate shape 3+ months later. Trying to email him is not recommended.

When my project with him hit 10 weeks, I titled my email "10th week update" and that got a reply.

Zigmeister has a personal secretary to handle his communications, and even then it's frowned upon to communicate unnecessarily. I"m not excusing the lack of communication - I'm trying to lay out what to expect. You send your piece to Vac and you get it back in immaculate shape 3+ months later. Trying to email him is not recommended.

When my project with him hit 10 weeks, I titled my email "10th week update" and that got a reply.

I have heard he does great work, but have not seen anything he has done. I have had great communication with Jennifer through the years and am sad to see The Zigmeister retire, my Safari is on the way back and should be here tomorrow. I would love to send the new FC diver to Vac for AR, but how do you even schedule a job if he does not reply?

I have used VAC several times over the years. Email com's have always been prompt and I have never had a three month turnaround.

I'm glad. Maybe he prioritizes returning customers. As soon as my piece was complete, he did ask me for a follow-on project.

Resolved:

Thanks for responding Vac. I will say I got worried when I didn't see a response but you more than made up for it. This must be the reason we all come to you as it is hard to find honest people who do good work. The watch should be here tomorrow and I will post some pics for all to see.

AP Diver 4.1
Full relume
Hand picked bezel and hands
Recessed bezel screws
Low beat movement
Gen Rubber Strap

Ah can't wait!!!

Kind if hard to have return customers when new customers are treated poorly. Its fine to treat returning customers better but you still need to make a new customer want to return.

But hey what do I know about business?

I am a first time customer and Vac did a beautiful job on my 3717 that got a swiss movement, lume and a crystal upgrade. It took a little while (he did have a family issue during), but totally worth it.

There are watches I did not plan to get because of bad lume that I now will get and pass on to Vac.

• 2 weeks later...