When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm Ceramic PO QC pics

hazey

Hi all

Recieved my QC pics what do you think? Looks like Ive got a good pearl and the only potential issues I can see are below the 30 on bezel and some of the the screw links look like they are maybe dented from the screw driver?

Thoughts

Thanks

post-40400-0-92171100-1367539343_thumb.j

post-40400-0-69635900-1367539346_thumb.j

post-40400-0-80059900-1367539347_thumb.j

post-40400-0-77476200-1367539348_thumb.j

post-40400-0-46463700-1367539349_thumb.j

post-40400-0-78900100-1367539350_thumb.j

Cool, I have approved.

I am real picky and last time I picked up a mark on my UPO in QC but I was assured it was fine, sure enough it was a yellow blemish on the silver part of bezel that could not be removed. Can't wait to recieve. Also waiting on my relume job of my UPO

Received my watch and there is a mark on the seconds hand :( If you look at the 3rd QC pic above you can see it, Its actually pretty noticeable.

Anyone know what my options are? Dont really want to send it back and risk getting a replacement flaw. Would getting genuine hands be the way to go? Anyone got a caseback number I can search parts by

Honestly I can hardly see it, it is noticeable on the 3rd pic now that you mention it but still just looks like dust on the xtal as it is not noticeable in the others, so is difficult to single out in qc.

What is it? Any better pics? I wouldn't send back a watch over that, the best thing to do is have a watchmaker uncase and clean it off if it is dust on the hand, .....if it is a scratch and it really bothers you then ask the dealer for a replacement hand. Gen hands aren't an option, not available!

PM MD2020 he will take care of it for you. Plus he can lube up the gaskets and pressure test it as well. BTW never send a watch back to China! It took mine almost two months to get it back. You're always better off with a watchsmith from the forums. MD is my go to guy now. Super uber fast turn around and does great work. Reasonably priced as well. Plus no customs risk! Enjoy to the max!

Well looks like I don't have much luck. Looks like some of my pearl lume has fallen out! Now this is what is strange. Its like the lume is not sealed, ie it has a chalky residue. If I get a pin and touch it the powdery residue falls out.

Not very happy now :( Suggestions

post-40400-0-89543500-1368497160_thumb.j

Thanks guys. Joshua is sending me a replacement hand and even the pearl. Would I be able to change the pearl without removing the bezel. I also contacted MD2020 and he said he will sort both issues out for me. once that is done I will be real happy as this is a really good rep

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a crazy idea, but could you not just use a little matte clear coat finish on the pearl to seal it? DMS did this to his pumpkin bezel though I don't know if he used any on the pearl. You could always PM him to find out what type of clear coat he used and whether it would be advisable to use it on the pearl.

If you really like the watch and you only have those small issues do like the previous post says and send it to local repair person listed or recommend from this forum. This is the best forum anywhere as far as I am concerned and the fantastic members here will only lead you in the right direction.. By the way the watch looks good and will only get better with that little bit of work.

• 1 month later...

Just some more updates on my CrPO.. So to recap I had mark on the seconds hand, the lume fell out and I recieved replacement hand and bezel including pearl. BUT the pearl has fallen out of the new bezel and I have not even fitted it yet. I literally put it down on the table and it fell right out! and of course the other issue is the fading triangle and numbers on the insert. See pics

So I sent an email to Joshua and he has advised to send the watch back and he will let the factory sort it out. I've told him I dont want the watch back unless these parts have been improved and if it means I have to wait for the noob version than so be it. I know shouldnt send watch back to china but I'm going to risk it, i mean i dont see any other option without it costing me $$

Here is the replacement insert. Is the plastic bit the epoxy? It doesn't look like it. Looks like the powder sat in the metal ring and then this plastic piece went over the top but nothing else. Wasnt the pearl very different to this in the UPO? It wasnt as cheap!

post-40400-0-35312000-1374126483_thumb.j 

Here is my original insert

post-40400-0-82932400-1374126486_thumb.j

Edited by hazey

• 1 month later...

If anyone is still following this thread I have a bezel problem with this same watch. Mine is an H-Factory versions and everything about it fantastic but the bezel insert is just painted details that virtually wipe off. Does anyone know of a good ceramic bezel insert for this watch that will last?

Edited by PP2TC