When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

007 Golden Eye arrvied

sigfrieds

I have just approved the QC pics from Andrew @ TT, had a an issues it's the first set as the black ceramic bezel insert was misaligned the the bezel itself. This has been rectified. I can't wait now. Does anyone know how long shipping tends to be to the UK from TD's, I understand this may vary, mine is being sent EMS, I'm just after a ball park figure if possible.

Wondering now aswell, you're right, definitely looks single in the later pics above?.

Can you guys teach me, how to tell the difference between single and double AR please??

Thank you

Can you guys teach me, how to tell the difference between single and double AR please??

Thank you

Look at a light source reflected in your watch crystal.  Two bright reflections is no AR ... One dim reflection and one bright reflection is single AR and two dim reflections is double AR.

The outside surface of the crystal makes an image and the inside surface of the crystal makes an image.

Look at a light source reflected in your watch crystal.  Two bright reflections is no AR ... One dim reflection and one bright reflection is single AR and two dim reflections is double AR.

The outside surface of the crystal makes an image and the inside surface of the crystal makes an image.

Jkay

Thank you very much for your explanation! I will try to look at my own watch and learn. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Single AR is always applied to the inside of the crystal to ensure it is never damaged.

That makes sense, thanks for that info Jkay. Is there such a thing as scratch resistant AR? Afterall what type of AR do the gens tend to have?

AR is easily scratched. This is Rolex's excuse for not using it for so many years. Gen and replica double AR marks up if you don't baby it.

It's just a thin chemical coating.

The good news is that you can always strip and re-coat ruined AR.

AR is easily scratched. This is Rolex's excuse for not using it for so many years. Gen and replica double AR marks up if you don't baby it.

It's just a thin chemical coating.

The good news is that you can always strip and re-coat ruined AR.

Huh, didn't know that but it does add up. Shame that Rolex owners need to contend with glare especially considering many of their competition are using it. Wonder if Rolex are secretly developing their own "diamond AR coating". Now that would be awesome!

A big mistake new people make is damaging their double AR and then complaining they've scratched their sapphire crystal. Unless you've unknowingly bought a mineral crystal, only a diamond ring (or a sapphire ring? heh) will scratch the crystal itself.

Funny thing is, I'm waiting on a PO with double AR coming from Andrew and I would probably have been one of those new people who just do that very thing. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll now reconsider using that as my "sports" watch (I don't play sports unless golf counts!)

I really wanted to buy this watch, but these pictures turned me away. It wasn't seen on the Perfect Clones pictures that it has 007 marks on the dial.

Waves look way better, like on this one:

http://www.p-cls.com/omse10002-seamaster-300m-professional-blue-swiss-28242-upda-p-6805.html

Edited by GrimReaper85