When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dsn and Phong Blancpain Projects :)

Big Dazza

Well guys! I have lusted over the fifty fathoms for years and finally pulled the trigger on one from Dsn and Phong! Long story short is they both came with a lot of faults and I am still in the process of modding them but here is two quick photos:

Dsn's has been aged and relumed by me and I also had some custom bezel inserts cut and engraved from acrylic. These were painstakingly relumed, sprayed black and reshaped to fit in the contours of the bezel. ( I may have a few bezels extra that I can relume and finish for anyone interested).

DSC_0598_zps0e3a7a14.jpg

Phongs FF has had the dial aged and textured, Dsn hour and minute hands aged and relumed fitted and an Omega seconds hand broached relumed and fitted. Also had an acrylic bezel made for it (the pictured one is an early prototype, new pics will follow) Great thing about Phongs FF is the 3 piece case construction and vintage A. Schilds movement.

Standard Phong with wrong hands and bezel insert:

Blancpain-4_zps043e861f.jpg

Work in progress:

DSC_0603_zps4d39409e.jpg

Overall, not very accurate watches but extremely fun working on them and I think they'll look great when finished.

Haha send a blank cheque my way ;) I've got a better version of the bezel insert for the Phong FF so hopefully when I get it all put back together I'll be able to take some better photos. The only problem with Phongs watch is the hands as standard are way off, with the Dsn hands and Omega hand fitted it looks a million times better :)

I believe its the same watch, was circa $850 I think I got it for. I prefered the no rad dial but defo needs modding from standard

I'll be purchasing the no-radiation yuki version soon i think; I'm VERY interested in a custom bezel insert that fits. Keep us updated on your progress! :D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...