When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Worked on my 1016 project a bit....... What do you think of this dial?

dutchguy2

Looking great Dutch! In the midst of a 1016 build myself, based on the fantastic Justin caseset. I have everything except the dial...no reasonably priced options to speak of.

Anyone got any leads to any decent and affordable sellers? I'm talking well south of 100 bucks for dial and hands combo......clutching at straws here?

Thanks for sharing Dutch.

I bought it from him 2 weeks ago. Send him an email.

What did he charge you?

Can't wait to see them completed!

The only thing I'm still looking for is for reference pictures of gen Explorer with the "Swiss-T<25" being above the minute strokes, not inbetween. Anyone?

Edited by 1680

With pad printing you have the dial that has its black base color, then the white ink is applied with a pad, so the white text is slightly raised and also has a semi glossy appearance. Dials made with decal sheets don't show this detail.

Edited by 1680

Best handset: TC, no question. Gen hands are not completely falt but a bit rounded, most ETA mercedes hands don't have this detail. Gen Tudor hands are nice as well but if you find some expect them being expensive.

However I have not found a correct 1016 hand set yet, I don't believe there is one.