When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seamaster 300 m PRO released

fitmic

The pics and video imo show an engraved bezel. This is the same bezel used on the 50th smp without the red 50. I think he just wants you to buy one, then you will notice in the QC pics its engraved he will then convince you its supposed to be like this and "srry pick another" is what you hear...

Edited by PATerai

Guest khashayar

So, we have a dilemma here then.

They are convinced that the bezel is correct, which in other words mean that they don't see it fit or necessary to alter it.

This in turn means that we probably won't have any alteration on this model with the faulty bezel, and are stuck with it.

In other words; if you want a SMP-c, you can't really have it.

[censored].

Guest khashayar

I actually asked angus this on the repgeek forum.

Problem is though, that there isn't an assurance that even they won't mess it up.

Just take a look at their sub-c.

Well, I hope someone buys the SMP-c rep so one can know for sure.

I like this new Seamaster.

A bit strange that they have ditched the wave pattern on the dial which was one of the most distinct features of the Seamaster Pro. However, the design is now closer to the old Pre-Bond Seamaster.. They have even reverted back to the same date window design. 

seafront.jpg

• Like 1

I think there may be a communication barrier.  It is my impression they are busy taking orders and what not, and "printed vs. engraved" may not mean much if English is not your first language. I only realized the gen was not engraved when I visited my AD.

I have the 007 50 years model, that actually led to the non-limited version.  I think they did a great job with the 007 version, and it's possible they may have had one to compare with.  The bezel indeed is engraved, and well that's too bad.  To their credit, from looking at pictures of the watch it is near impossible to see the difference between the real and gen bezels... unless you know what you're looking for.  

The bracelet on these is probably one of the best ones I've seen-- blows the SMP chrono bracelet out of the water in 1:1 dimensions and finish.  They did a good job with the hands, dial, print--the pearl seems to be bad on the photographs on the website, but I think the prototypes are what they use to photograph this one.  The QC pics are more accurate and the pearl is  done very well executed, with a little sapphire window, very flush and well put together.  It is not 100% with gen, but it is very good and good quality.

Overall I think it is a very good quality watch.  I purchased the 2892 version (asian) and the movement runs very precise and is decorated!  I mean that they are actually buying good quality movements and components with the potential to deliver a super value, whether it is a clone or not.  

Edited by madmex
  • Like 1

If you go into Joshua's site, he's uploaded a video of the blue SMP-c. The pearl looks better than the black version, but the date is not well aligned in the date window (at least on the video).

When it comes to the colour; it's difficult to say is the blue colour is correct or not. The gen has a special kind of "dark blue" colour to it, that I haven't seen in other omega models. It's hard to tell from the video and/or the pictures.

I'll upload pictures on the gen ones I took when I was at the AD. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sorry for the pictures not being rotated correctly.

fantastic

Guest khashayar

As promised, I went to the AD and tried to get a little wiser about everything going on.

The bezel on the gen SMP-c was indeed printed, and not engraved.

When it comes to the PO, BP's version is not bad actually (front wise). The pearl is too big and low, and the date is more silver on the white than the rep which basically is white.

The blue PO looked decent colour wise on the rep, but the blue bezel is a little off in terms of colour.

I'll give you some pictures, I think I'm not waiting for noob's release since I'm either for the SMP-c or the sub-c.

The blue PO on rubber strap. Love the strap:

post-52261-0-54722300-1373472061_thumb.j

Black PO:

post-52261-0-97633100-1373472078_thumb.j

Wow.

post-52261-0-73756000-1373472127_thumb.j

Perhaps even more wow.

post-52261-0-49859600-1373472150_thumb.j

PO vs sub-c:

post-52261-0-33638300-1373472184_thumb.j

PO vs SMP-c:

post-52261-0-88463000-1373472213_thumb.j

And at last, battle of the dive watches:

post-52261-0-16692900-1373472241_thumb.j

Sorry for not being rotated correctly.

Edited by khashayar

received mine... numbers dots and bars on bezel are lightly engraved. Def not "printed" or "painted". Dial is 'piano polish' shiny, reflects light like mirror. Caseback finish isnt 100%. not all 'waves' are uniformly polished and omega cntrft logo looks very smudgy. Apart from the fact that watch didnt work straight out of the box - not bad looking piece. Sending it back to origin for movt fix and possible caseback replacement.

received mine... numbers dots and bars on bezel are lightly engraved. Def not "printed" or "painted". Dial is 'piano polish' shiny, reflects light like mirror. Caseback finish isnt 100%. not all 'waves' are uniformly polished and omega cntrft logo looks very smudgy. Apart from the fact that watch didnt work straight out of the box - not bad looking piece. Sending it back to origin for movt fix and possible caseback replacement.

Did you get the blue or black? Post some pictures will you?

that was black. I think thats the only one avail. Anyway, to late for pics. Its on the way to PRC for aforementioned fix. Was impressed with how ARed crystal reflected off shiny dial in direct sunlight. Flashes like LED lamp. One other thing I forgot to mention. Caseback omega logo had different size 'feet'.

I have owned a couple of SMPs, the 2531.80 and the 300M chrono, and this bracelet--is the best by far.  The links look 1:1 with the gen vs the others which have a slimmer middle connector links.   I was going to purchase the blue version too, but I may wait for the Noob version.  Only thing I am not certain of, is the AR coating.  I have seen some blue tint on some of the online pics, but in person mine is lacking.  

Edited by madmex

I have owned a couple of SMPs, the 2531.80 and the 300M chrono, and this bracelet--is the best by far. The links look 1:1 with the gen vs the others which have a slimmer middle connector links. I was going to purchase the blue version too, but I may wait for the Noob version. Only thing I am not certain of, is the AR coating. I have seen some blue tint on some of the online pics, but in person mine is lacking.

Which version do you have? Black? I' m thinking of buying the blue ceramic...

The Noob factory will not release a SMP ceramic anytime soon.

Which version do you have? Black? I' m thinking of buying the blue ceramic...

The Noob factory will not release a SMP ceramic anytime soon.

I have the 007.  I would LOVE the blue.  For now I will wait until the Noob makes it, and get their blue.  That way I'll have the 007BP and the blueN to compare and wear simultaneously around the house lol.  If you go for the blue, post pics!  

Guest khashayar

Still don't know about the bezel. From your pictures they def look engraved, still I spent almost 5 minutes on just touching the gen SMP-c bezel, and it was printed, not engraved.

Still don't know about the bezel. From your pictures they def look engraved, still I spent almost 5 minutes on just touching the gen SMP-c bezel, and it was printed, not engraved.

Strange. Maybe 2 different versions? Are you sure it was the Seamaster and not the Planet Ocean ceramic? The one I saw today was definitely engraved.