When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seamaster 300 m PRO released

fitmic

LOVE it.

Makes the old SM 300 look really, really dated and old fashioned.

OK, now I have to rationalize spending over $300 I was not planning on.

Here goes:

"well you haven't bought a watch in 7 months...the AP diver is too big for you...the new LM PO is too shiney for you...the new Noob Subc is still too controversial...you have all the Pams you need...

OK! I think I'm almost ready to buy.

Guest khashayar

Too bad you gave your TD green light!

There is a huge problem with your watch.

I want it!

Haha, you scared the living hell out of me.

My heart skipped a beat.

• Like 1

Guest khashayar

LOVE it.

Here goes:

"well you haven't bought a watch in 7 months...the AP diver is too big for you...the new LM PO is too shiney for you...the new Noob Subc is still too controversial...you have all the Pams you need...

Haha, even though I don't have many watches, I still believe you can't have too many.

Or maybe you can, but you certainly can't have too many omegas.

Why you say? It can always be answered by this 16 seconds long video clip:

• Like 1

LOVE it.

Here goes:

I am not so sure the white cricle around the date makes this look oldish

In fact I like the older Seamaster Professional even better but few good reps of this now

smp12.jpg

Contacted Andrew yesterday about the bezel.

The Bezel numbers on the gen should be painted, while the rep looks to be engraved.

Andrew gave me this answer: "The bezel of the OMG0262 is made like the real deal. Thanks"

So I tried to analyze the video on the black SMP-c on his website. It's really hard to determine if they are engraved or not.

If someone has an input or some extra information, it would be very helpful.

Hey I just noticed there's a long thread about the gen bezel over at the Omega forum, watch u seek from Nov 5, 2012.  Seems the OP had some scratches on the bezel surround, and went at it with a scotch brite pad.  Turns out he didn't notice he was also rubbing the ceramic bezel... and the metallic paint on the top corner of the number 30 came off!  Turns out he can still see that it is etched.  So.....indeed these are made as close to the real deal.  However, I think these bp bezels are possibly deeper engraved, hence less likely for the metallic paint to rub off.  The silver paint on the gen completely fills the engraving void, virtually flush (looking like it's painted, instead of engraved--yet it is BOTH).

So in summary it is possible these are "better" bezels in terms of design (harder to go deep enough to remove the paint with a sharp object/or rub over time), probably by chance not deliberately. 

I have said before that I think this model began with a gen 007 50 years that they used to tear down and get the dimensions/shapes/colors etc.  

IMG_5279.jpg

They used a blue PO Ti to get the blue color of the dial and bezel (how good is the BP Blue Ti PO?--I haven't read up on it).  So this means... they took their artistic license on the back.  It looks really nice, but it doesn't look like the gen.

ceramic-back.jpg

Gen.... the waves, remind me of the appearance of sand at a sand trap that has been raked. The texture is not simply brushed, it appears blasted to look like sand.

post-52261-0-85711600-1375187556.jpg

The rep simply has shiny bars.  It is still a beautiful caseback, but as far as 1:1 it is not.

21230412003001-40.jpg

Edited by madmex

• 2 weeks later...
I received my blue SMP-C this Saturday, and it quickly grew on me.  Not perfect but what better blue SMP-ceramic is out there?  None other.

The bezel insert and the caseback are the weak spots as far as accuracy, but the rest of the watch is pretty nicely done.  The blue insert appears to be painted on top of the ceramic (defeats the purpose lol). The pearl is much improved.  The black version is more accurate as far as the bezel insert being true ceramic color but has the inaccuracy of also being engraved deep and numbers not being filled-in flush with the bezel insert surface as in the gen.  As far as color of the dial, I think it's so close I can't tell the difference without having a gen side by side.  The bezel insert could be treated blue ceramic, not a ceramic bezel that is painted blue (unfortunate), but it still doesn't look bad at all.

IMG_5607_zps0b049b37.jpg
IMG_5666_zpsaf22d1b3.jpg
IMG_5611_zpsdb4be07f.jpg
IMG_5620_zps73b35d19.jpg
IMG_5606_zps9b83ec06.jpg
IMG_5609_zpsc1ecf09b.jpg
IMG_5661_zps93a4c59d.jpg
IMG_5633_zps9e3861ad.jpg
IMG_5673_zps583d0f6c.jpg
IMG_5623_zps53abfff7.jpg