When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seamaster 300 m PRO released

fitmic

Looks good mate, you would think they could find a better pearl for the sales pic though wouldn't you  :fool:  Not sure how accurate this looks to be but very nice all the same  :inverted:

Is it just me or are all our new reps getting bloody expensive too.... :g:

The IWC will be much better hopefully :p

No, jokes aside, it's a matter of personal tastes too, I am not crazy for this Seamaster, but it's one of the few watches in the 40-42mm range with a reasonable thickness (the CrPO is way too thick for my wrist).

I would buy it if it was priced accordingly to the accuracy: imho, pearl is terrible, bracelets are a let down in almost all Omega reps and for me is a deal breaker.

Besides, I don't like the idea I cannot go franken at all (no idea but I fear also a simple tube and crown is impossible to source), most omega reps have weak tubes and crowns.

I am aware I am unrealistic considering the late trend in rep pricing but still, I would pay 250USD, tops.

Yep the old smp crown and tube should fit this fine, so you'd be covered ryaku, pretty much same design with these cases except for things like the bezel/caseback.

I'll have to see a good review before I'd buy, but judging by the 50th anni edition this could be a nice rep. Most of the pearls on the 50th weren't bad at all, but the promo pic on Joshes site had awful pearl on that also. Lots of other nice stuff on the agenda such as the Tudor bb and the IWC and of course the noob CPO/LMPO so these better be good :) 

Yes, you might be right actually, I hope so because the stripping crown is such a common flaw and it would be a pain in the neck to ship the watch to someone able to fix it.

Once again, we are talking about a watch priced as a super rep and mine are just speculations, I don't know if the new SMP is affected by the "weak crown and tube" disease, but if I know the rep market enough...this is very likely to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 007 50 years version. I purchased mine from Trusty.  I purchased the Asia 2892 edition instead of the Swiss 2824. The 2892 is 1 mm thinner and the "bullet back" is 1mm further away from the window.  The bullet was not centered, and I opened the watch to correct this issue.  I found that the 2892 movement has a very nice finish.  It keeps great time. I purchased it under a month ago, and I no longer see the 2892 as an option from Trusty--only the Swiss 2824 now (which would make the bullet-back closer to the exhibition window in the back. It seems Joshua has it still.  

There is a small concern that perhaps the rehaut is too deep, as the thickness of the watch may be a bit greater than the gen.However I am not 100% sure on this.  It seems many reps can take the 2824 so the extra mm is there for it (unrelated to rehaut).  PS I hope the IWC Ingenieur only allows the 2892 and is thus, a thin case like the gen. I tried it on last night--it is nice that it seems very flat.

Guest khashayar

If you go into Joshua's site, he's uploaded a video of the blue SMP-c. The pearl looks better than the black version, but the date is not well aligned in the date window (at least on the video).

When it comes to the colour; it's difficult to say is the blue colour is correct or not. The gen has a special kind of "dark blue" colour to it, that I haven't seen in other omega models. It's hard to tell from the video and/or the pictures.

I'll upload pictures on the gen ones I took when I was at the AD. post-52261-0-72881700-1372856981_thumb.jpost-52261-0-93601100-1372857008_thumb.jpost-52261-0-29154300-1372857027_thumb.jpost-52261-0-95338600-1372857046_thumb.j

Sorry for the pictures not being rotated correctly.

Guest khashayar

Thanks khashayar! That was very helpful! But you are right about the date alignment in the video on Josh's site.. Hopefully thats just with that one particular piece. The blue on the gen looks fantastic though, still not sure what my next purchase will be..

I was into buying the gen for a time. Although I didn't go for it in the end, I was, like you, having difficulties choosing if I should go for the PO or the black seamster 300 m or the blue version of it.

The saleswoman in Omega told me something that is really true and perhaps you already know; if you are going for an "all-around" watch which you can wear both at casual and dressy events, black is the colour to prefer. It has a more serious note to it. Not that the blue is "unserious" in any way, but I agree with her. If you are choosing between colours I would say go for the black. If you have a lot of black dials, go for the blue.

When it comes to the PO... It is a more beautiful watch imo. Though, it's harder to get the reps right due to the in-house movement of Omega that can't be repped correctly. If you are patient enough, the noob factory will release the LMPO (http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f20/674922d1333920495-seamaster-planet-ocean-liquid-metal-limited-edition-img_7572.jpg) soon, which is good if you want the PO and worry about the obvious case back (this one is closed on the gen). They will also release the ceramic ones, though the movement is rumoured to not look so different from the existing ones.

If I were you I'd wait for noobs release. If you can't restrain yourself, go for the smp-c.

Furthermore, about your question, I'm not quite sure how the bezel was on the gen. I'll be visiting the AD on Tuesday next week (just for fun), and I can check it out. Will also most more pictures then!

• Like 1

Guest khashayar

Contacted Andrew yesterday about the bezel.

The Bezel numbers on the gen should be painted, while the rep looks to be engraved.

Andrew gave me this answer: "The bezel of the OMG0262 is made like the real deal. Thanks"

So I tried to analyze the video on the black SMP-c on his website. It's really hard to determine if they are engraved or not.

If someone has an input or some extra information, it would be very helpful.

Guest khashayar

Thats just a sloppy excuse for it not being correct, andrew knows this. Thats why i dont buy from him or hes lying companion. Its a shame because i really like this watch, incorrect bezel or not.

Are you referring to Joshua?

Because I emailed him as well, same question.

The answer:

"Hi

yes. IT is printed . This is in accordance to the genuine sir.

Not painted or engraved. "

I'm also really interested in this watch. Been waiting for it since winter. Really close to buying it, but if the bezel is actually not correct, it's such an obvious tell. I would actually consider buying a gen bezel if they existed, but that's not the case either. So stuck in a dead end.

Going to the AD tomorrow. I'm actually between the sub-c or the SMP-c, but I prefer omega over Rolex. The sub-c rep is very good however, which makes it difficult.