When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seamaster 300 m PRO released

fitmic

The bezel insert and the caseback are the weak spots as far as accuracy, but the rest of the watch is pretty nicely done. The blue insert appears to be painted on top of the ceramic (defeats the purpose lol).

Thanks for your update madmex. Really bad news on the painted blue insert. How did you tell it was painted? It is indeed ridiculous to have a painted ceramic insert. I was planning on buying the blue cSMP but now I won't..... Not in milion years.

Thanks for your update madmex. Really bad news on the painted blue insert. How did you tell it was painted? It is indeed ridiculous to have a painted ceramic insert. I was planning on buying the blue cSMP but now I won't..... Not in milion years.

I agree that I wish they had a real blue ceramic insert.  The texture of the blue looks like car paint. It shows some small scratches on the surface and is not perfectly mirror flat polished like ceramic bezels. Even on the pics I took. -if you look closely at the light reflection on the bezel you will notice this.

I have a couple of ceramic Rollies as well as the SMP 50 years Omega with the black bezel (50 red) and the smooth mirror polish gloss is completely different.  

It's still a beautiful watch and I will probably wear it until the N factory comes out with their own version and then I may change the bezel insert too and possibly mod them together to improve it.   :)

Edited by madmex

IMG_6115_zps082571fe.jpg

IMG_6114_zps1cd0237b.jpg

IMG_6122_zps93458fe0.jpg

So I noticed a flaw on the V1 blue bezel... I didn't notice it until after transplanting a 2892A2 into it... I couldn't get the bezel to align.  I had not noticed that the bezel insert arrow (with pearl) is not centered between the 59 "dot" and the 1 line.  This is not the case with the black and 007 50 years bezel inserts.  Even the prototype pictures on the dealer sites have this design.  

The first qc pics I got last week (black) had exactly that flaw, the ones I got today have not. Seems to be (at least) two different bezel batches around.

I too didn't notice it at first, I had almost convinced myself that the bottom misalignment was due to angles or something. The danger of doing qc with an iPad, I guess.

• Like 1

Yes I saw Torobravo's site, it has the revised bezel with the proper arrow placement.   I'm talking to Joshua to see if he can get me the revised and correct bezel insert.  Kind of like pulling teeth actually... I don't feel the love back.  "No sir, no sir, no sir" etc lol.  but he said to contact him in a week. so there's hope.