When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect Omega Po 45mm Feasibility Study

tenacious_b

Ok, I have never been much for Omega, nor have I been detail freak about any of my reps, but this new 45.5mm 6th Gen PO from Andrew and Joshua has captured my imagination. Can someone help me cost a genuine orange bezel, getting the crystal HEAVILY AR Coated, getting it superlumed, and finally, can someone tell me how I'd get the crystal off and back on along with the same on the bezel.

I guess I could ask Vaccuum if he could do all this...oh well, maybe it will inspire others.

Ok, I have never been much for Omega, nor have I been detail freak about any of my reps, but this new 45.5mm 6th Gen PO from Andrew and Joshua has captured my imagination. Can someone help me cost a genuine orange bezel, getting the crystal HEAVILY AR Coated, getting it superlumed, and finally, can someone tell me how I'd get the crystal off and back on along with the same on the bezel.

I guess I could ask Vaccuum if he could do all this...oh well, maybe it will inspire others.

Well, I know for the 42 - Ofrei sells the Dial for $200 and the AR crystal for $150. I read that some members got lucky and got some AR coating done at Lens Crafters - but can't remember the fee. To get it Lumed, The Zigmeister offers the service (I think it's around $75). Hope that helps.

Can anyone who did this chime in on the quality of the AR? For that price and if good quality, I'd definitely be interested in doing this...

I bought the genuine Omega PO Orange bezel from Ofrei for my 42.5mm rep. The genuine Omega PO bezel DOES NOT fit the rep, I repeat, DOES NOT fit the rep. The bezel is constructed all together different and will not seat on the watch. And, even if was designed exactly as the rep bezel (which it is not), the bezel is exactly 1mm smaller in diameter than the rep, so it DOES NOT fit. I guess that the same is the case for the 45mm. I was able, in the end, to remove the bezel pearl from the genuine Omega bezel and I'm waiting on a spare bezel from Joshua so that I can insert the genuine bezel pearl into the rep bezel. If not, I'll stick with what the rep came with.

I bought the genuine Omega PO Orange bezel from Ofrei for my 42.5mm rep. The genuine Omega PO bezel DOES NOT fit the rep, I repeat, DOES NOT fit the rep. The bezel is constructed all together different and will not seat on the watch. And, even if was designed exactly as the rep bezel (which it is not), the bezel is exactly 1mm smaller in diameter than the rep, so it DOES NOT fit. I guess that the same is the case for the 45mm. I was able, in the end, to remove the bezel pearl from the genuine Omega bezel and I'm waiting on a spare bezel from Joshua so that I can insert the genuine bezel pearl into the rep bezel. If not, I'll stick with what the rep came with.

Did you buy the whole bezel or just the insert?

Did you buy the whole bezel or just the insert?

To my knowledge, or lack thereoff, Omega does not sell just the bezel insert, they sell the whole thing (bezel insert along with bezel assembly). When I received the item, I understood why: The "insert" is apparently bonded (it seemed to be somehow welded or otherwised "fused" and NOT glued) to the bezel it self. Even if you could pull it off - which is only possible by carefully grinding it off from inside the bezel, thus destroying the bezel itself in the process - the "insert is much thicker than the rep insert.

My advice, for the benefit of the rest of the RWG bunch is DO NOT buy the genuine Omega PO bezel unless, like me, you want to squander about $200 on it. Oh, and by the way, from a lengthy conversation with "Cong" from Ofrei, Omega is clamping down on it's genuine parts sales outside of Authorized Dealers. I received this item eight weeks after ordering. I've posted on my experience on the Omega PO bezel about three times (including this one) in order to prevent you guys from wasting your money as well.

To my knowledge, or lack thereoff, Omega does not sell just the bezel insert, they sell the whole thing (bezel insert along with bezel assembly). When I received the item, I understood why: The "insert" is apparently bonded (it seemed to be somehow welded or otherwised "fused" and NOT glued) to the bezel it self. Even if you could pull it off - which is only possible by carefully grinding it off from inside the bezel, thus destroying the bezel itself in the process - the "insert is much thicker than the rep insert.

My advice, for the benefit of the rest of the RWG bunch is DO NOT buy the genuine Omega PO bezel unless, like me, you want to squander about $200 on it. Oh, and by the way, from a lengthy conversation with "Cong" from Ofrei, Omega is clamping down on it's genuine parts sales outside of Authorized Dealers. I received this item eight weeks after ordering. I've posted on my experience on the Omega PO bezel about three times (including this one) in order to prevent you guys from wasting your money as well.

Ok, just checking. There is a guy selling rep PO bezel inserts on eBay for $30 each.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrpp...lesaleoutlet990

Might be worth a punt for anyone who has problems with their rep. The same guy is selling loads of other rep bezels as well...

If you're looking at a perfect rep, don't forget the Co-Axial movement beats at 25,200 vph, unlike any of the movements available to us.

However, if you get the AR right, you can get away with the rest of the faults.

Could one of you guys school me on the AR of the crystal? Is this something that, in order to be done, requires that the crystal be removed from the watch? How is this done? Thanks.

Could one of you guys school me on the AR of the crystal? Is this something that, in order to be done, requires that the crystal be removed from the watch? How is this done? Thanks.

Definatly removed,

there are a few people working on bringing the service to the community

it won't be soon and it won't be cheap.

if you can get the AR crystal for 150 bucks, it might actually be worth it.

if it fits

then you have to have someone pput it in for ya :)

To my knowledge, or lack thereoff, Omega does not sell just the bezel insert, they sell the whole thing (bezel insert along with bezel assembly).

You're absolutely right. Omega does not, nor do watchshops, sell inserts seperately. You would have to buy the entire bezel to do so. I had a gen Bezel and Insert for my GMT, but when Joe and Marrick did the mods - the Gen bezel would not fit the case. Therefore, Marrick had to mod the gen insert to fit perfectly in the rep bezel.

I wish there was a way to mod pearls on Omega inserts - they're always the giveaways...wondering if you can just drill out some of the lume to make it look more like the gen ????