When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another 16234 build by mymanmatt

irolexu

Looking good! Is that an old silver dial that's turned beige?

I've got a 16014 franken with a similar dial- was silver originally and turned beige

On the right in this pic

P1000247-1.jpg

I built another DJ in gold with parts from Matt- really happy with it

gen white dial fr Yuki and the case etc was from Matt, used an old Asian eta that I had lying around

photo_zpsc761873b.jpg

I love it when you can build these cool reps for not much money!

• Like 1

Your DJ is beautiful. Got to give it to the old guy, he really,really knows his way around Rolex watches! And I can call him and old guy, because we are both old guys! He has built several really nice watches for me as well as sorting out some problems with a few others as well. Hats off to Matt.

• Like 1

Thanks. If your thinking of doing any DATEJUST build you really should consult with mymanmatt. he can get you going in the right direction for sure! Now has anyone ever converted a SEL TC v3 bracelet into a 2 piece end piece bracelet? I would love to take a V3 scrap the buckle and end pieces and have the correct hollow link bracelet this baby is supposed to have

Congratulations gentleman. Those are some nice time pieces.

Have been thinking about a DateJust for some time but currently am unable to find a rep from the dealers (for example a 16014) that would accept gen parts (crystal, bezel, crown/tube, dial, etc.)

Something like this gen:

187158d1292783022-rolex-datejust-ref-160

Is Matt someone that I can contact for such builds?

Wear your Date Justs in the best of health.

Mymanmatt is A++. He is a very nice man and is willing to build you a nice DJ or DD. I got a DD off him and he did a lot of testing on the movement for me before he was satisfied to send it out. Now I have it and it is my dress watch. Will definitely be contacting Matt again in the near future.

To the OP, your DJ looks awesome!!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, ilikewatchestoo said:

Looks amazing! How is it holding up!? 

You're necro-bumping a lot of threads now mate! Hopefully you'll get an answer, but maybe sticking to a couple of threads would increase your likelyhood of getting a focused answer?

Welcome to the forum though don't get me wrong! :)

• Like 1

There are several problems with bumping up old threads. First, a lot of the guys who contributed to the older threads are no longer here, so asking them a question is physically impossible as they are not around. Another problem is quite a lot of folks don't look at the dates, they see a thread like this and get all excited, ask questions and then are upset or frustrated when they get no answers.
I have no problem at all when someone bumps up and old detailed build thread, as the information is useful even though the OP may be long gone. General discussion threads are another matter as they aren't going to yield much information, and the information contained may well be out of date. Some dead threads are just that, dead and best left to slumber in peace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk