When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Ranger Facelift

jmb

A while back I bought an unfinished Ranger project from a fellow RWG Brother and did a quick finish on it and stuck it in the watch box.  I think I posted up some pics at the time, can't really remember.  Recently I had been noticing that the majority of the gen pics I saw had a minute hand like on a Sub or Explorer instead of the "sword hand" that Yuki supplies.  The hour hand looked about right as did the sweep hand.  The more pics I looked at the more it bugged me so I decided to drag it out a couple weeks ago and do some tweaks.

I first milled off the "late model" engraving and re-engraved the case-back with the older "Original Oyster Case..." engraving.  After that i popped in a gen crown and a Sub minute hand with lume tinted as close as I could get.  I now have what I think is a fairly close copy of the real article and it has been a joy to wear for the past couple of weeks.  I'm starting to remember why I liked the 34mm models so much.

Pardon the dirt as I have worn it daily for about 2 weeks and just took it off the wrist (no cleanup)  for the shots.  Here's a few pics...

post-24124-0-85783600-1374709343_thumb.j

post-24124-0-34446300-1374709359_thumb.j

post-24124-0-75844500-1374709369_thumb.j

post-24124-0-45377800-1374709379_thumb.j

M, this was one of the better engravings I've done and this is the program (with scaling) I'm using on the others right now...  When I get a case back that is "soft" enough to use a 15 degree .1mm bit it really turns out crisp and defined.