When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 in the morning

jackflash

Anyone know if a 702 crown will fit to a 703 tube? I still find the 703 crown a little high for the cartel's stubby CGs.

No, it will not fit. The two crown and tubes are a different design. not just different sizes. If you score a 702 crown, Yuki has an aftermarket tube that will work.

Here's my 5512 with gen 702 and tube.

I agree, the 702 looks better, but you have a rockin watch!

7013df73.jpg

Thanks, I suspected as much.

Great 5512 you have there too!

Jack, thanks for the kind words.

I know the problem, I have a sub similar to yours made from the same components but a Tudor.

The watch is nice, but the shorter cg's with the 703 makes that crown look a bit tall.

My 5512 in this thread is an MBW case with taller cg's and with the shorter 702 looks better to me.

If I could afford a 702 for this watch I would do it. My 702 was a gift from an esteemed member here.

There are a few different rep 702 tubes, but no rep 702 crowns that I have found.

My Tudor

D2AE1439-1DAF-4924-AFE0-5E35729B3139-196

Jackflash,

I like the watch how it is. What I may would do is get a modder to work on the cg's. 

Some can also recut a rep crown to look more like a 702 or 700.

Not to sound like an ass, but I personally wouldn't spend cash on the 702. The crown alone costs as much as the case and movement.

Furthermore, there are so many tells on the watch, that the expense of a 702 wouldn't justify the improvement.

I would give the entire case a nice polish to soften all the edges. That way, the CGs will look like they have been worn down due to 40-50 years worth of polishings. If you want to take it to the next step, search out a better set of hands, which are the watch's weak point. Otherwise, nicely done.

Totally agree with Akira and the suggestion to cut down the rep crown, and it's so easy to do.  I used a gen 703 tube on my 5512, but after reading that other people had reworked their rep crowns, I gave it a go.  The coronet on the crown is pretty darn good too.  I liked it so much I swapped it on my 16610. 

I also agree about the cost of the 702.  But quite frankly, I've become so skeptical lately on crowns that if they ain't got crimps and bi-metal design, I stay away.  Too many folk passing off rep crowns for gen monoblocs.  Early 703's have a slightly skinnier profile too.

crystal004.jpg