When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Parts Prices ?

clem2192

Aplogies if this type of thread is frowned upon but don't think there is anything in the rules about this ?? (mods feel free to delete if needed)

I'm looking for realistic estimates on used gen parts, the watch is a two tone 16233;

Mid case

Caseback

Crystal

Dial

Hands

Bezel

Bracelet (stretched)

I'm not intending to sell these parts here, it's just theoretical at this time. I'm considering purchasing a 'tired' example so I can use the movement for a project thus leaving me with the other parts to sell.

Just trying to work out whether its feasible and worth the effort

Edited by clem2192

Just to add if the watch costs more than the movement and is in bad shape then like tomhorn said nobody will really want stuff in bad shape. For the older movements it does make sense sometimes.. For example, a friend was looking for a 1030 movement and we couldnt find one at the usual 1000-1200$ price for one in ok shape. Then I found someone selling an old ? (Can't remember the model) that had a nice running 1030 in it for something like 800-900$ (head only). That makes sense because it was less for the entire watch! He could then sell the case and all that for whatever amount and he made out like a bandit.

If you got the 16233 for let's say $2000 and you sold the watch parts for $1000 you'd be doing great. Of course, you'd need to figure a service for the 3135- add $200-300 say.

Case and caseback- say $250-300

crystal- $100-150

bezel- maybe $150

dial- $100-150

bracelet- $300

hands- $50-100

Like Tom says, condition matters.

Oh, crown might be worth $50.

Those figures are just a guesstimate, your results will vary!

For the older movements it does make sense sometimes.. For example, a friend was looking for a 1030 movement and we couldnt find one at the usual 1000-1200$ price for one in ok shape. Then I found someone selling an old ? (Can't remember the model) that had a nice running 1030 in it for something like 800-900$ (head only). That makes sense because it was less for the entire watch! He could then sell the case and all that for whatever amount and he made out like a bandit.

Can't agree more with you, mate... :D

I'm looking for realistic estimates on used gen parts, the watch is a two tone 16233;

Careful, these parts will not be easy to sell... unless you are selling it as a lot on the bay. Could also make a great franken... Why not ? :)

It makes sense to me to do it if the price of the complete watch is right. Also, not bad to can check the movement by yourself, it's usually not a good idea to buy a movement alone from someone you don't know.

But as cc33 said, send a quick message to M*loja to see what he can do for you... He is a good guy to deal with. If he can find you a good deal, it will be easier for you ...!

If you got the 16233 for let's say $2000 and you sold the watch parts for $1000 you'd be doing great. Of course, you'd need to figure a service for the 3135- add $200-300 say.

Case and caseback- say $250-300

crystal- $100-150

bezel- maybe $150

dial- $100-150

bracelet- $300

hands- $50-100

Like Tom says, condition matters.

Oh, crown might be worth $50.

Those figures are just a guesstimate, your results will vary!

I even think these prices would be on the higher end. And as someone mentioned unloaded these parts may not be easy and it sure wont be quick. Look at how long some of the "in demand" parts take to sell in our forums.