When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beware Scammer Recoop !

fire007

Fire was kind enough to send me PM w/ thread in regard. Although as I read it price was not openly declared by seller (I gather these carbon fiber ones go for big dollars) it would in my estimation ( you could see where it was going) be a high value sale that must be approved further more back door sales are prohibited and as Recoop is not VIP or better member he is prohibited from sales here in any event. :nono:

I urge you all to never do this backdoor kind of buy especially on a high end piece it just leads to bad outcomes for all in the long run. If any long time guys are unable to renew membership during this trying time contact a mod or chief for permission to sell or as with most of us you have built up relationships with other members still able to who can help out. :pimp:

PS I know little on pricing of these carbon fiber case APs but it would seem he was out for a score also.

• Like 1

Mike

He has sent me several PM's today on teh same watch asking for 2000 Euros, I spoke to Pete and we believe that unless an AP GP is fully modded with a stunning Swiss heart they should be between $1-1250 depending on what they have had done.

Either way, he is not supposed to do that I believe and he implied he had an offer which I said to him rip the guys arm off if I were you as it's simply not worth it.

It is worth noting that we all need to be vigilant and when a guy has little or no score, check them out, I have done this previously with a member who so had to buy a watch begging for it to be put on hold and try to get my Bank details to make a transfer only to find out by checking out the previous dealings/emails that he had done the same several times before and never bought anything.

AJ

Guys, as a long time member here, I have seen my share of scams, and attempted scams. First off, I can't repeat this enough, buy the seller then the watch. that's the first commandment of buying, not only reps, but genuine watches, whatever it may be where face to face sales are not possible. Second, if something smells like three day old fish left on the dock, then you had better run away as fast as you can. We are not dealing with exotic vintage autos, old masters paintings, etc. there isn't a watch around, outside of a few astronomically priced one offs, that isn't mass produced. So if you walk away from a sale, rest assured over time other watches that are as good or better than this one will come up for sale. And last, please, if you believe that someone is trying to pull a scam, or breaking forum rules with back door sales, by all means contact a moderator. Every post has at the bottom of the posters profile, a button with a little yellow triangle and the word report. If you feel like something isn't right, report the thread and alert the mods. Your vigilance may save another forum member a lot of money.  

• Like 2

Did not catch that one Nanuq. :doh:

Fire it would seem this was already resolved by Nanuq as I have now read that thread. Just let us/me know you felt it was a good idea to get the word out but admin took care of it in this way we do not duplicate work as Nanuq and I have many other responsibilities on and off the forum. :cc_scooter:  No harm just could have spent the time catching other bad guys. :help::busted_cop:

As P states its always imperative to buy the seller not the watch or rather the seller first... beware with cold calls just as you would at your own front door.....never assume because of FB or posts (whether high or low) that you can automatically trust or distrust the member or indeed length of membership.... if ever in any doubt do as here post a thread or contact someone you do trust.... or if not a mod....

Anyone can sell anything for what they want .... we may not like what is being asked for it, but thats a seller perogative.... however its the buyer responsibilty to satisfy himself that whatever the price whether $100 or $3000 that the watch is worth that to him and amongst our peers...if in doubt ...post a thread and ask or just PM someone like a section mod or someone you know that knows his stuff.

It should always be a red flag when a stranger (to you) regardless of FB posts etc contacts you to sell something.... but that doesnt mean its fishy of course :)

Personally I found the level of the price requested was almost laughable.... but its worrying to think that someone might buy it....

I am sure the guy has his reasons for his pricing and shouldnt be ashamed or worried about stating those reasons..indeed as a potential buyer you should expect it and ask for it...

You should ask for a breakdown of the value in the sellers view along with who did what, who provided what and its history... then if you wnat it but consider it too much then counter with what you value it at and give an explanation in return of those reasons... (assuming of course you are happy to deal with the guy)

Even stating a service should be backable with some form of proof.... or if it cant be then as a seller you need value its worth on that basis and also as a buyer... plus never ever BT anything unless you are very comfortable with the guy you are dealing with ;)

There are plenty of guys on here I would trust without a second thought..... and probably many more I havent had the privilege to deal with yet...

However... there is the odd greedy, profiteering or out right scammer that does appear now and again and as a community we are strong enough to deal with them... so anyone reading this no matter your feedback or newness or even seniority...dont think twice about asking the community... we are all here to look after each other if we can and pass on our own knowledge and experience :)