When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An under rated watch,Swiss legend Trimex

Mike on a bike

Neither of those brands but pretty close to the mark. I like to think of these as an AP/Hublot hybrid rip off to use your term. The price point is the key Tom vs quality. With the same Swiss quartz movements that much more respected brands use and they charge 4-5 times the price. The crystal is warranted for 10 years with 200 meters water proofing, good strap and they do not fall apart I have had some for years. Just a very good/affordable watch.

• Like 1

Neither of those brands but pretty close to the mark. I like to think of these as an AP/Hublot hybrid rip off to use your term. The price point is the key Tom vs quality. With the same Swiss quartz movements that much more respected brands use and they charge 4-5 times the price. The crystal is warranted for 10 years with 200 meters water proofing, good strap and they do not fall apart I have had some for years. Just a very good/affordable watch.

Well said Mike! 

Never said they weren't a decent watch at a good pricepoint, just that this model (and many others from the brands that are sold at ShopNBC) have strong design cues from the larger (more expensive) factories. Using the same quartz movements means nothing more than the large brands with their big marketing budgets (over) charge more. Prime example is the B&R 03-88. The rep is essentially the same watch for $600 vs $3000 for the gen, and the guts are the same.

BTW, my mistake on the owner. It's actually Swiss Watch International that owns the brand (Lucian Picard is their other major brand).

Correct on SWI and Lucan Picard Tom, yes and as in the plethora of Sub/Rolex type look a likes there is only so many things to designing a watch , I would venture no matter what you do going to look like something already done. That being said his one went a little heavy on the borrowing. :partytime:

Gran nice complication the canteen over crown with arm and believe it or not wears small for it's size no problem with the crown system on the wrist either. As I said have another of these performs well no loose screws faults etc from factory/ poor manufacturing for over a year now. They make many others some I like some I do not and some look fairly unique others like this not so much, but you will get what you pay for and then some.