When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Introducing TC/Caddell Submariners

tc670207

Super !!!!! i like modding these days and it a nice addition to our vintage builds collection i am at the moment planning a couple of big crown builds that will be custom built not exact replica of the vintage ones,  which will be powered by a more modern 2892-2 eta with red seconds hand and no ageing ! this opens up the way to build custom builds as well as replicating gen watches 

i would like to see a feature on custom building using replica and aftermarket parts ! Big Bravo !!!!

Did u see this? http://rolexpassionreport.com/13265/the-heritage-submariner-big-crown-fusion-of-modern-and-vintage-for-60th-anniversary-of-the-iconic-steel-rolex-submariner/

Yes i did and without meaning to step on any purists toes ! I Flipping Love EM !!!!!!!!!  and a added bonus is that there are not any gens for anyone to compare them with so you have a unique watch ,myself and my friend are looking into building something similar but we have problems finding no date dials that we like to fit in the ceramic reps cases !

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great project You have there. I was absolutely amazed with the look of both submariners rouge. Unresistable, have also read about the search for a movement. I want one of those, hearing from me soon.

I have the same one without the cyclops. I never bought a tc watch before. Can you guys tell me why there isnt any ingraving inside the lugs?

This is only my opinion and I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in with the facts but....

I believe the previous TC Submariners all had engraving between the lugs no doubt because this was built to be a very high end replica of a 16610, however, the TC / Cadell Submariners are 'fantasy' models that TC has designed / produced himself, they are in no way built to replicate a current Rolex model therefore I see no point in the engraving between the lugs ??

As I say this is only my opinion though

Edited by clem2192

Yea but i paid 500 buxx for that thinking it was the subs he sells with the extra parts. If i knew that i wouldnt have paid that price for the watch as mice as it is.

I don't see any problem to don't have engravings between the lugs on a $500 replica with fantasy parts. Just remember the old days with the overpriced WM9 watches... TC Subs are very cheap considering the level of replication.

And it's not all the days you will see the engraving anyways.

If it's really bothering you, you always can send your case to Phong to have a good engraving.

Thanks valty im going to do that. I did not know phong does that. Can u suggest some numbers to me?

You have a large range as the 16610 was not a small production (from 1989 to 2010)

Yours is a 16610 T (without lug holes) - it appears in 2003.

I didn't received my Caddell Sub yet, but it seems the dial is a replica of the Mark V dial.

TC is comparing it's Caddell Sub with a gen with rehaut engraving and Mark V dial (2008 - 2009). They looks the same from what I see.

The problem is the TC cases does not have rehaut engraving :)

So you have to choose :

- A serial from 2008 to 2009 (M and V series), but it will be wrong because you don't have rehaut engraving

- You should avoid 2006 - 2008 serials because the zeros on the dials were rounded

- A serial from 2003 - 2005 without rehaut engraving, but the dial isn't exactly the same

The real question is, does it worth it to make engraving if it's not 100% correct ? My personal opinion is "no", especially when you thinks it's a fantasy model  :)

And if you really wants an engraving - If it was me, I'll do a fantasy engraving... Why not after all ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong on some points, I'm not an expert when we talk about 5 digits models... :D