When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus Returns With A Big Bang!

PureTime

This thread is amazing. I can't wait to see some of the new PAMs that are coming. I know the North Pole GMT is on the way... I'm hoping others, as well.

This manufacturer seems to be interested in getting his products right. Very refreshing.

Thank you, the NP GMT will be further prosponed due to the lack of movement.

But there will be other Panerai is coming out, one of them is the Ultimate PAM092 Arktos, with improved case, A7750 movement, sapphire crystal with genuine AR and correct date mag.

I think its Angus who is running this great project. We have to thank him ! :notworthy:

I should thank you!

Great pics PT!

The one i had in the earlier pictures was indeed a (very) beat up gen, missing a chrono pusher, and a careful owner by the looks of it.

A good friend of mine has a service centre, and this is one of the pieces that has come in for fixing.

Looking (intensively and obsessively) at Angus' pics, i can honestly say that i can see NO glaring differences between his rep and the gen, movt aside.

The gen also uses a valjoux 7750 (i have seen the eta stamp under the balance wheel)

But unfortunately this rep cannot install a swiss movement inside. But the Asian 7750 movement works fine for me.

Absolutely. I like how everyone dissected the flaws. I like to know all the flaws going into a rep purchase. If I try to detect all of them by myself I always miss a fair amount. I would have never noticed the unbrushed area on the caseback.

Thanks for posting this!

You are welcome.

Wow, this rep definitely is worth it for the price, look at that work of art case construction! I definitely expected it to visually look perfect, but even the case construction is completely identical. I have never seen a case so complicated (Not even the AP Royal Oak), and it's just amazing how every last detail is correct on this piece. I definitely can't wait for mine to arrive! :D

That is why the watch maker disembled the watch and let me take pics, he is proud of this production.

Agreed on an awesome thread...I may have to reconsider and pick one of these up. ;)

Thank you!

If the RG looks good on my wrist, I'm gonna betcha I'll be putting down money for the rest of the accurate versions. Damn, HBB is the new Panerai..... :lol:

haha, I believe I will have more orders from you.

Angus,

Rather than the "Black Magic" verison, are there any plans to make the "All Black" version???

I understand both versions are the same, am I wrong?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand both versions are the same, am I wrong?

I believe the "Black Magic" version has red seconds hand and red markings on the dial. The "All Black" version appears to have no red markings on the dial at all. You can see both versions in the "HR Pictures to Download" section of the official Hublot site. Click on "Big Bang Novelties 2006" to see the "All Black" version. The "Black Magic" version is listed below in the regular "Big Bang" section.

I think its Angus who is running this great project. We have to thank him ! :notworthy:

For your information,

This HUBLOT BIG BANG was actually an idea suggested and initiated by Joshua. The Maker did not even know the Brand: HUBLOT at all.

Poor Joshua had to bring books and magazines to show the Maker before he was convinced enough to purchase the genuine and start the replication. You guys have to know this...

By the way, Hublot Big Bang is delayed... maybe after Xmas.

LOL

Andrew

First, big thanks to TwoTone for putting this back in Gen. Discussion so we can post discussions on this project. I've really taken interest as this is the first rep. I've ordered for myself in 18 months.

@RiverwindMDS, I don't think they will be able to change the movement flaws as the project already has the movement ordered from that particular factory. Probably as with our hobby, it will be months later that these movement flaws will be corrected as the later generations of this rep. appear and new movements ordered. There is a price to pay for being first up on a project such as this, look what happened with the PAM 196's, the carousel tourbillons, , especially the POs, etc., the first ones in paid a $$ penalty and accurancy penalty. But that is the way of this hobby and should not be forgotten and faults should be forgiven.

Patience is such a sin here in watchreplicaholics anonymous that we forget we will all be buying the same near perfect model (improved) from Joshua, Andrew and Angus, et. al. in the short time it takes to put out the other models based on these latest generations. Nice thing about this project, this is the first time I've been excited to participate in actually correcting the few flaws on an upcoming replica with the watchmaker through a dealer.

@trustywatchguy aka Andrew - we all appreciate all of you over there, I know maybe accolades may get misplaced as you all probably had a hand in coercing this manufacturer to make this watch with your input, but Angus has been most forthcoming with information and amazing pictures of the disassembled case that it feels he participates deeper in the process of this model rep. project since it appears he is the one who currently has the manufacturer's ear, irregardless who initiated the idea. Given dues to where due. Due dilligence where shown is my evidence. And yeah, we knew the possibility that this watch might be delayed after Christmas, Angus told us so, so no surprise there.

Regards

Well with all those versions coming I doubt they will change the engraving on the Turkish version even if they had time ;)

I couldn't agree more with Omni.. Thanks to TwoTone for bringing back the topic to General discussion...

And Andrew, of course all our dealers do their efforts but Angus has involved us to the making process of some new watches and that was a step forward :)

I didn't tell about the movement. But the writing on the back Istambul limited edition. etc...
Oh, sorry, just caught that. So now we see the back of the F1 and correct engraving on the case. Well, unless they can fix the movement flaws, its a moot point if the back case bezel for F1 is also wrong at this point in time. I guess that just makes the SS version all that much more accurate as a rep.

I believe the "Black Magic" version has red seconds hand and red markings on the dial. The "All Black" version appears to have no red markings on the dial at all. You can see both versions in the "HR Pictures to Download" section of the official Hublot site. Click on "Big Bang Novelties 2006" to see the "All Black" version. The "Black Magic" version is listed below in the regular "Big Bang" section.

Yes, I can tell now, thanks!

Well these are the three cool black versions...

1. ALL BLACK

170856-9706.jpg

2. ICE BANG (better alternative of All black)

170856-9707.jpg

3. BLACK MAGIC

170856-9708.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I think the only possibility is the Black Magic.

Black magic is BY FAR the coolest one. Pleas Angus, go with BLACK MAGIC!

I will try my best.

Caseback of the Istanbul:

170856-9709.jpg

Thanks Mark!

Wow. That Black Magic model is beautiful. Ceramic over PVD case would be preferred unless the price gets prohibitively expensive....

We are also thinking about this.

Angus,

Pardon my ignorance for asking this. On the white dial BB, what is the character in the red subdial at the 9:0clock position represent?

Thanks

uziuzi below had answered your questions, thank you for your question.

The watch was a limited edition for the Swiss national soccer team. The symbol is supposed to be their logo or something like that. It is showing a red soccer player.

Thanks for answering.

I hope with this delay they can change the back of the istambul with the correct engravings showed by finepics.

The istambul version will not be released this time.

First, big thanks to TwoTone for putting this back in Gen. Discussion so we can post discussions on this project. I've really taken interest as this is the first rep. I've ordered for myself in 18 months.

@RiverwindMDS, I don't think they will be able to change the movement flaws as the project already has the movement ordered from that particular factory. Probably as with our hobby, it will be months later that these movement flaws will be corrected as the later generations of this rep. appear and new movements ordered. There is a price to pay for being first up on a project such as this, look what happened with the PAM 196's, the carousel tourbillons, , especially the POs, etc., the first ones in paid a $$ penalty and accurancy penalty. But that is the way of this hobby and should not be forgotten and faults should be forgiven.

Patience is such a sin here in watchreplicaholics anonymous that we forget we will all be buying the same near perfect model (improved) from Joshua, Andrew and Angus, et. al. in the short time it takes to put out the other models based on these latest generations. Nice thing about this project, this is the first time I've been excited to participate in actually correcting the few flaws on an upcoming replica with the watchmaker through a dealer.

@trustywatchguy aka Andrew - we all appreciate all of you over there, I know maybe accolades may get misplaced as you all probably had a hand in coercing this manufacturer to make this watch with your input, but Angus has been most forthcoming with information and amazing pictures of the disassembled case that it feels he participates deeper in the process of this model rep. process since it appears he is the one who currently has the manufacturer's ear, irregardless who initiated the idea. Given dues to where due. Due dilligence where shown is my evidence. And yeah, we knew the possibility that this watch might be delayed after Christmas, Angus told us so, so no surprise there.

Regards

What happened to this post? Somebady moved it to some where else?

Thank you for your words:-)

Well with all those versions coming I doubt they will change the engraving on the Turkish version even if they had time ;)

I couldn't agree more with Omni.. Thanks to TwoTone for bringing back the topic to General discussion...

And Andrew, of course all our dealers do their efforts but Angus has involved us to the making process of some new watches and that was a step forward :)

The time is not enough for this time, maybe for the later models we will make it right before releasing.

This time we have not enough time because the prototype came very late.