When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tourbillon longetivity and wear

lolz123

I was thinking of getting a hublot tourbillon or a cartier de calibre tourbillon for daily wear for work and such.

I was wondering since i hear it is really hard to find a good watchsmith that is good at working on rep tourbillions or servcing them. I hear a lot about servicing rep movements, but i havent seen much info about servicing tourbillons.

I was wondering how long do they usually last with extended wear? or is this not reccomended?

any advice is appreciated.

Good question, been researching this myself for some time before I spend $600 - 800 on one.

So few have one that it's impossible to get an accurate sampling.

I've read of a few that have developed problems with the movement after some time, and finding a watchsmith to fix it was near impossible.

I also read that the movement is unusually loud.

Yes i am in Canada correct. Toronto to be exact.

I can't even find anyone to service my watches. I already have an AP that stops moving at times even on my wrist.

So let alone tourbillons.

Trying to get as much info as i can

Flying Dutchman has had a few HBB TBs for good periods of time and wear.... hopefully he might chime in...

Bloody hell AJ !!!!

The guy said longevity and wear !!! Mr catch and release.... !!!

:)

If AJ has a watch I like I just stalk him for a few days until it pops up for sale ;)

Tourbys in reps are generally all very reliable movements from what i've gathered and come from gen Chinese movement factories - hangzhou, shanghai, tianjin with their fd3091, f8 and st8000 respectively. There are some more but those are some of the more common ones.

As for your AP, that's probably a sec@12 issue and you'll prob need a service and/or jewel mod soon