When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally on my wrist...must see pics :-)

repwatch

What an utterly wonderful watch this is. Now I did some research on the 8 giorni brevettato symbol and know where it comes from, because I had seen this unique, fascinating  strap from a Spanish maker just 2 days ago: Congrats on Your watch, very, very nice!

DSCI2663.JPG

Answer to Lapince: Check out Leno´s Garage Fiat 1917 Botafogo Special 22l WWI Aero and the wonderful Bugatti on Youtube and You have all the answers. He wears his replicas in public and with pride because they are unique and there are things in life you want to look at and feel and touch, if there is no original around a rep gives You 80% to 90% of the fun and emotion I`´ d say.

• Like 1

Hi again, 8 GB - It appears only on the dials of GPF 2/56 reference watches: the legendary “8 Giorni Brevettato” symbol, representing the Angelus Cal. 240 SF movement with 8 days power reserve, more is here: http://www.vintagepanerai.com/2010/06/21/the-legendary-8-giorni-symbol/

The strapmaker is Jose Maria in Spain:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cb.straps.3

http://cbstraps.blogspot.com/

Have fun with that unique piece of art - beautiful:)

Another brilliant and beautiful franken...first one I've seen.

I remember when one of the 'risit was so pissed that he didn't get offered a chance to buy one, that he damn near sold off his entire collection (a shit load if I remember correctly) to get one....i think it was J-F

wear it in good health!

It's poor form to start this discussion in another individual's thread about their watch. If you're unfamiliar with the internet and forums my recommendation for you is to create your own thread to discuss your completely separate topic. Cheers and welcome. In addition this is a tired and beat up discussion that you can easily find opinions on WUS and other places. Just leave it as "different strokes for different folks."

BTW, absolutely NOTHING about this build is "buying a rep." What you see here in the desire to create something identical to the original in almost every way possible.

Thanks for your answer, I understand better, I guess you need to be very handy and have a lot of time to look for pieces, I can understand perfectly, what I don't understand, I tried myself, is just buy a rep and wear it as you bought it. 

I must admit that this watch really looks very good, what surprises me is that the Angelus mechanism looks like the real one, very well done..

Edited by lapince

Repwatch, the watch looks great, can I ask you if there are genuine Panerai parts, where did you get the Angelus mechanism replica which looks very real, did someone make it for you or did you do yourself? To have a watch like this how much did it cost you if it's not indiscrete?