When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tempest Viking

B3nj4min3

Came across this new (-ish) diver that on paper at least looks superb.

It features an impressive 2,000 meter water resistance (though I won't need more than around 10 meters :p)

It has a Sapphire bezel and an excellent bracelet.

All for only $735.

I'm temped...

Dimensions

-Diameter: ∅45mm

-Length: 52mm (lug-to-lug)

-Thickness: 17.00mm (Flat Crystal)/21.00mm (Super Dome Crystal)

-Lug Width: 22mm

Movement

-Miyota Calibre 9015 Automatic (Hacking Seconds)

-24 Jewel, Shock-absorbed balance shaft

-Beating at 28,800/BPH, 42hr power reserve

Case

-Solid Stainless Steel (316L)

-Two Tiered Crown Protectors

-Triple O-ring Screw down crown

-Double O-Ring Screw locked case-back

-Helium Escape Valve

Bracelet

-Solid Stainless Steel (316L)

-Hex Screw Links

-Signed Micro Adjustable Ratcheting Divers Clasps

-Comes with additional 5-Ring Zulu Strap (Black Standard)

Dial

-Ceramic Dial

-Stainless Steel Markers

-Swiss Super-LumiNova C3 Lume

Bezel

-120 Click, unidirectional with lumed Sapphire Bezel Insert

Crystal

-Flat Crystal or Super Dome Crystal

-Anti Reflective coating on inside only

Rating

-Water Resistant: 2000M/6600FT

Each Watch is shipped with Travel Case, Black 5-Ring Zulu Strap, Tool, and 2 Year International Warranty Card (transferable).

post-54684-0-73317200-1382524330_thumb.jpost-54684-0-22813400-1382524342_thumb.jpost-54684-0-23249800-1382524357_thumb.jpost-54684-0-68625800-1382524382_thumb.jpost-54684-0-10800600-1382524450_thumb.j

It's also available in black;

post-54684-0-30100900-1382524419_thumb.j

Looks quite thick....but i get the idea....what movement?

I believe it has a Miyota 9015 movement which I've heard is a good solid workhorse with a 42 hour power reserve and beats at 28,800bph.

Thanks Ben! :bangin:  Now I want one.......................... :partytime: Nice.

Me too Mike, me too :)

Love it, have looked in to these. They look really well built, like most of the the micro brands around. They look like a big chunk of metal for your money!

Yeah, it looks kinda like a Ball watch with almost the same build quality but at a fraction of the price!

Very cool watch, I really like the design! Especially from the side on the 4th picture :)

Love that side profile, I haven't seen another watch with the same machining on the lugs.

It is a great looking watch but being a Norwegian there is no way I can wear a watch that say "VIKING" on it...unless if you're from Stavanger that is..or part of the old NASA Mars crew

Now if I can get the dome crystal on the stainless.................................... :pimp:

Well checked their site $80 upgrade to dome at that price point him a lot of other micros available, Boschett comes to mind.

PS this bracelet does kill all though at least for me ,a modern rivet look.

It is a great looking watch but being a Norwegian there is no way I can wear a watch that say "VIKING" on it...unless if you're from Stavanger that is..or part of the old NASA Mars crew

:) You are a genuine Viking then sir, and you could pretend to have been part of the old Nasa Viking programme! :pimp:

Now if I can get the dome crystal on the stainless.................................... :pimp:

You know, I was thinking the same thing....and the worst of it is, that I just bought a Deep Blue DayNight 65 yesterday and now I'm ogling this..... :fool:

The bezel is interesting, notice the numbers are the opposite way to a sub bezel for instance. The bezel on my Obris Morgan is the same. Looks very interesting this.

Also as Ben says it has the bomb proof 9015 movement that is truely excellent. Love that bracelet too! Im hooked!

Use the other half get the new Orbis Morgan and still couple hundred left to take the wife out on the town to smooth things over ! :partytime:

PS this is how you stay married over 25 years and have plenty of watches.

Mike thanks to you and Devilseam I just bought the Obris Morgan Explorer with blue dial and brushed finish  :bangin:

Mike thanks to you and Devilseam I just bought the Obris Morgan Explorer with blue dial and brushed finish  :bangin:

Lol thats my next pick up Ben  ;)  Great choice mate, ps dont listen to Mike and Devil they will cost you money every time  :partytime:

Pics!!

As soon as it arrives I will do :)

I just paid the $279 there via PayPal. Definitely a bargain!

NIce one ben! You wont regret it mate!

Thanks mate! Any idea how long does the delivery takes to good ol' blighty?

Lol thats my next pick up Ben  ;)  Great choice mate, ps dont listen to Mike and Devil they will cost you money every time  :partytime:

Thanks Sgt! :) You're right, they keep recommending such tempting watches and weak old me just keeps falling for them hook-line-and-sinker! :fool:

I recently saw the Tempest and fell in love with it.

I ended up snagging a Raven Deep instead...

post-37023-0-56200200-1382549310_thumb.j

Currently on the really nice leather strap it comes with, the bracelet is nice also. Comes in at 44mm x 18mm with the dome sapphire. Has really nice sapphire bezel with lumed markings and super lume on the dial and hands. Also sporting the miyota 9015 which for the week that I've been wearing it is only 2 seconds slow! Super smooth sweep I must say, I am really impressed with the latest offerings from miyota.

Here is a nice review of Raven on Worn and Wound:

http://wornandwound.com/2013/02/27/raven-vintage-and-deep-review/