When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta Movement For Noobmariner

james21oo

The 2824 and the 2836 are similar movements, closely related , but not exactly the same. 2824 is 4.6mm tall, vs the 2836 at 5.3mm, I believe. 2824 is strictly a date movt, and the 2836 has a day, date feature. The height of the two movements means they fit differently into the watch case.

The 2824 and the 2836 are similar movements, closely related , but not exactly the same. 2824 is 4.6mm tall, vs the 2836 at 5.3mm, I believe. 2824 is strictly a date movt, and the 2836 has a day, date feature. The height of the two movements means they fit differently into the watch case.

Yes 2824 is date and 2836 is daydate but is the same movement, only additional parts is different...

Yes 2824 is date and 2836 is daydate but is the same movement, only additional parts is different...

no you still didn't get the main point. Alligoat wrote the height difference for a reason, the two movements have different heights which means that the 2836 fits better because the hole where the stem fits into actually lines up with the crown tube hole. The 2824 is a little thinner which means that the stem won't fit well when you try to screw down the crown.

hope that clears it.

Thanks Marrickvilleboy for clarifying that.

Also, rather than trying to put a 2836 in a TTK, it might be a whole lot easier to just order a new sub fom Paul, Andrew or Eddie Lee. The watches are the same, only with the ETA movt.

In swapping out the asian 21j in a TTK for an ETA, you have to cut/file off the dial feet, get new hands to fit the ETA movt, transfer the date wheel to the ETA movt, or get another one, glue the dial to the movt or attach it w/ dial dots, put the ETa hands on and make sure the datewheel clears the underside of the dial and then put it all back together.

I have the TTK, and my theory is ENJOY. I will trim the cg's eventually, but I doubt I'll ever put a gen tube and crown in, or ever do anything else to it. When you only spend a little over $100 on it, it just doesn't make sense. At least w/ Paul's, TWG's or EL's you have the good ETA to start with, and a watch that can be maintained for 20-30 years if you do happen to spend $300-400 modding it. The asian 21j just doesn't have that kinda future at this point.

Thanks Marrickvilleboy for clarifying that.

Also, rather than trying to put a 2836 in a TTK, it might be a whole lot easier to just order a new sub fom Paul, Andrew or Eddie Lee. The watches are the same, only with the ETA movt.

In swapping out the asian 21j in a TTK for an ETA, you have to cut/file off the dial feet, get new hands to fit the ETA movt, transfer the date wheel to the ETA movt, or get another one, glue the dial to the movt or attach it w/ dial dots, put the ETa hands on and make sure the datewheel clears the underside of the dial and then put it all back together.

I have the TTK, and my theory is ENJOY. I will trim the cg's eventually, but I doubt I'll ever put a gen tube and crown in, or ever do anything else to it. When you only spend a little over $100 on it, it just doesn't make sense. At least w/ Paul's, TWG's or EL's you have the good ETA to start with, and a watch that can be maintained for 20-30 years if you do happen to spend $300-400 modding it. The asian 21j just doesn't have that kinda future at this point.

Is it really true that Paul's, Andrew's, or Eddie's are the same watch as Neil's except for the movement? From pics (the latest pics), I at least see TTK's bezel pearl looks diff from the rest. Can others attest?

I can't say that TTK's is exactly the same as the three ETA watches, but the cases all have the same serial

#'s. Like Tourbillon pointed out, dial variations and date locations are always a challenge and may not match up. Likewise the pearl might be different, but it could just be a different batch. Neil says they're not from the same factory. As is the case, since we're not in China, we'll never know the whole story.