When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MLinNYinHD is a scammer... don't buy / sell!

dommysam

So, after reading a long thread from Sgtguk back in July when he bought a watch from MLinNYinHD which never arrived (http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/160996-problem-with-member-mlinnyinhd-warning-to-other-members/?fromsearch=1) I thought it was strange. MLinNYinHD had bought two watches from me in April 2013 with no issue, seemed like a good guy. Then MLinNYinHD sent Sgtguk a refund and it appears everyone jumped the gun. Sure enough Mike is still active on the forum, last active today.

However... this morning I received an email from PayPal to say that MLinNYinHD has raised a chargeback and so my Paypal is frozen at -$540.

The watches were received fine by MYinNYinHD, I still have the full message trail and printed tracking details for what seemed to be a perfect trade.

If this is a genuine mistake I apologise but after 7 months I can only assume the guy is a scammer. I don't believe he has used a stolen Paypal account as the delivery address matched his Paypal account. I also don't believe it is a stolen card because who wouldn't notice $540 missing for 7 months and why notice it at that point?

Mike, if this is a genuine mistake say so here, otherwise, everyone please be aware that you aren't safe from these scammers either buying or selling.

7 months is way too long for anyone to raise a dispute/chargeback with paypal.

Unless member MYinNYinHD can come up with a plausible and acceptible reason, this strongly reeks of the stench of scam.

And was his name Mike you say? Hmmm.. I know of some very good Mikes, and some very bad ones. ;)

7 months?

I thought pp had a limit of 45 days

I know they do here otherwise what's to stop anyone doing the same with any item later down the road.

Anyway you have message confirming no issue and receipt so shouldn't be a problem just a pain to sort out

Good luck mate

7 months?

I thought pp had a limit of 45 days

I know they do here otherwise what's to stop anyone doing the same with any item later down the road.

Anyway you have message confirming no issue and receipt so shouldn't be a problem just a pain to sort out

Good luck mate

The limit of 45 days applies to PP disputes and for chargebacks,.it is at the discretion of the credit card company/bank.

I wonder why is MYinNYinHD still allowed to trade with such a reputation? Sgtguk already had a questionable experience with him, so dubious that Sarge had to access the internet in the midst of his annual bush holiday he was having, typing with fingers stained with crocodile blood, prickly stubble shadowing his wholesome good looks and a wombat leg bone between his teeth. 

Not cool at all.

So just so I am clear.... (as some of you may know I have been dealing with  lack of interest in the sales section which is effecting my interest elsewhere)

Guy buys watch used from M2M (no warranty blah blah)

Guy says watch good thanks

Guy charges back to CC 7 months later

Guy not contacted you before guy not said word to you

Now you wait to hear from guy direct...?

Yep, exactly right. Message on here from buyer the day it was delivered saying thanks then not a peep for 7 months, now chargeback due to "unauthorised use".

Thanks ..

So guy is saying the card used was used fraudulently and hence claim back

But if address of card holder is same as PP verified address where you sent it and you have tracking to show delivery to that address then he will have a problem....

You should contact mods and find out his registration details see if they match details you have... then also check with previous sellers and see where they sent the items too... hopefully they may have details still in their PMs or in their PP archives

Thanks man, it's a strange twist, just trying to get to the bottom of it via PM with member concerned. It's logical (to me at least) to raise the issue to everyone to prevent any more dodgy transactions until I can report back and say, "my mistake, crossed wires, he's a good guy".

I've drawn Mike's (MLinNYinHD) attention to this thread so he knows I'm not messing about, I want my money back. Simple.

When you say "sent it to a verified address" it was sent to the address Paypal offered me for the user. If I check now that address is now classed as "unverified".

If delivery was successfully made to that address then Mike must have access to it. So I have at least got somewhere to send you guys who PMd me from NYC if he doesn't pay me back.