When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mark XVII bracelet is here!

markiemark

I hope I'm wrong, don't want to be giving bad news. Ask Angus-- it was a discussion I think where to others' surprise, he stated it would not fit, which is why it stuck in my mind.

You are wrong! The rep bracelet did not fit the previous rep case so the factory remade the case as the pin holes were in the wrong place.

I would imagine this bracelet will fit the gen case.

I have still not received my watch. Very slow service from puretime this time around!!

You are wrong! The rep bracelet did not fit the previous rep case so the factory remade the case as the pin holes were in the wrong place.

I have still not received my watch. Very slow service from puretime this time around!!

Watcher, once you get your watch, could you find out if it fits the gen and PM me?

I have no way of knowing if it will fit a gen as I don't have one but previous other rep iwc's I have had did fit so I see no reason this won't.

So did you get yours yet? Even if you can't tell us if it will fit the gen, please let us know your impression of the overall quality of the bracelet. Nothing too in-depth. Just a few sentences. Thanks. 

PS: The "IWC" engraving on the clasp seems to be way too shallow. Please comment on this part in your assessment. :)

I ordered mine from Ryan

Nov 13 Paid

Nov 15 QC

Nov 17 shipped

Nov 22 reached my country

He told me there had been customs checks by China parcels that have been slowing things down.

Received mine today. I actually like this better than the 3777.

I give it two thumbs up except for the AR. I'm not sure if it's single sided but I get the 3-d effect with both a blue and original tint

Posted Image

Posted Image

Received mine today. I actually like this better than the 3777.

I give it two thumbs up except for the AR. I'm not sure if it's single sided but I get the 3-d effect with both a blue and original tint

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice!

I had the same problem with my XVII, very bad AR with a lot of tiny scratches. It ruined the watch for me, together with a bad printed red dial. In my opinion the XVI is a better watch.

How is your red triangle?

Buy as long (and as soon) as you can: there are rumors in german forums about the bracelet production:

"Unfortunately the biggest bracelet Maker in China has packed up his factory and moved back to Taiwan. There are rumors that he is re-opening his factory in TW, but we have yet to hear from him, and this is why watches with bracelets are usually out of stock these days, and this is also true for the AP Diver, there are no bracelets in stock, with no idea when and/or if they will be in stock. :("

A statement of Francis/Puretime. This are bad news for the bracelet fans.

BTW: I have a unworn rep IWC-bracelet which was attached to my 3777 (PilotChrono). Now I wear the 3777 with leather strap. If anyone is interested in buying the bracelet: PN me! The bracelet is in europe/germany.

1. The 3777 bracelet does not fit the Mark XVII

2. Backdoor selling is not allowed

Wonder if tale xvii bracelet will fit the xvi

All I know is that the XVII with bracelet has its lugholes drilled at another location then the Mark XVII with strap. Therefore the bracelet will not fit the XVII strap edition. And I assume it won't fit the XVI because of the different lughole locations...

watcher: I am interested to know if your bracelet fits the gen. Two weeks ago you had an order on its way, and you were very adamant and positive that the bracelet would fit the gen. (You were so sure you called me out on it!) :D If it does fit, I am ordering one for my gen xvii, the whole watch is cheaper than the bracelet alone from iwc.

Please let us all know, I'm sure you and I are not the only ones with gens who are tired of the stock iwc strap. The bracelet looks much sharper!

Thanks!

I was confirming that this version has differently drilled case lug holes compared to the v1 which is why the maker had to remake cases before releasing this v2 with bracelet. Somewhere on the posts you mentioned gen case fitment to which I have no idea but think it would fit as I have fitted 3717 rep bracelets to gen in the past.

I don't own a gen iwc anymore. Sorry for any confusion buddy.

watcher: I am interested to know if your bracelet fits the gen. Two weeks ago you had an order on its way, and you were very adamant and positive that the bracelet would fit the gen. (You were so sure you called me out on it!) :D If it does fit, I am ordering one for my gen xvii, the whole watch is cheaper than the bracelet alone from iwc.

Please let us all know, I'm sure you and I are not the only ones with gens who are tired of the stock iwc strap. The bracelet looks much sharper!

Thanks!

I am the one with the gen XVII. The online customer rep at Puretime guaranteed that the rep bracelet would fit the gen. But from what markiemark has posted, this seems to be misinformation. Puretime has repeatedly fed me misinformation that got me to make purchases I ended up not wanting. I guess I'm a fool for having trusted them again. Anyway, I'll be receiving the rep bracelet within a week, so I'll let everyone know. 

I am the one with the gen XVII. The online customer rep at Puretime guaranteed that the rep bracelet would fit the gen. But from what markiemark has posted, this seems to be misinformation. Puretime has repeatedly fed me misinformation that got me to make purchases I ended up not wanting. I guess I'm a fool for having trusted them again. Anyway, I'll be receiving the rep bracelet within a week, so I'll let everyone know.

Sadly you did not ask Angus. He would not lead you astray. You should have known better. Yes you can blame PT but at the same time yourself too, if you are honest with yourself and not naive. Buy the seller.