When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mark XVII bracelet is here!

markiemark

Sadly you did not ask Angus. He would not lead you astray. You should have known better. Yes you can blame PT but at the same time yourself too, if you are honest with yourself and not naive. Buy the seller.

Yes, but Angus puts his name on the Puretime company brand. He should not hire people who offer guarantees willy-nilly. As the head of that company, he needs to take some accountability for what his employees do and say. A guarantee from a company rep (even a lowly one) is a guarantee backed by the company, in this case, Angus's company. So, Cromag, get off your high horse and stop regurgitating oft-repeated WUS cliches such as, "Buy the seller," as though doing so affords you any sort of cache.

LOL relax buddy

What you said regarding your experience happens in the rep world. It's best not to trust the worker bees after all it's not Nordstom's. Even at Nordstrom's you can't trust the low level staff's eagerness to perform their work in a manner which meets everyone's expectations. And like Nordstrom's I bet Angus would stand up and help you out anyway.

Through the fora you get access to the actual TDs like Toro, Angus, Rochest and they are the ones you should ask regarding your purchases. Don't assume that some worker bee in china with broken English can interpret your needs and questions and respond with western expectations of business integrity. That's being a newb or naive or both. It happened to me too as a newb and things still happen to me as a more experienced member. Just part of the learning curve. Too many people expect the dark side to work exactly like the legit world in which they live.

PS buy the seller is not a WUS trademark. It's an internet thing. Way before WUS and extends to our hobby too.

Just sayin' ;)

LOL relax buddy

What you said regarding your experience happens in the rep world. It's best not to trust the worker bees after all it's not Nordstom's. Even at Nordstrom's you can't trust the low level staff's eagerness to perform their work in a manner which meets everyone's expectations. And like Nordstrom's I bet Angus would stand up and help you out anyway.

Through the fora you get access to the actual TDs like Toro, Angus, Rochest and they are the ones you should ask regarding your purchases. Don't assume that some worker bee in china with broken English can interpret your needs and questions and respond with western expectations of business integrity. That's being a newb or naive or both. It happened to me too as a newb and things still happen to me as a more experienced member. Just part of the learning curve. Too many people expect the dark side to work exactly like the legit world in which they live.

PS buy the seller is not a WUS trademark. It's an internet thing. Way before WUS and extends to our hobby too.

Just sayin' ;)

I see your point. Just wish the PT reps would stop giving me answers they have no knowledge to answer in the first place. I submitted the question concerning the bracelet's fit on PT's email question box. Then I received an email with a very clear YES to the fit. Now who the HELL would go and do that without absolute knowledge? And it wasn't a case of translation issues, because the reply was written in a full sentence stating clearly that the rep bracelet would indeed fit the gen watch. I get that only Angus knows for sure, but when his employees start handing out wrong info in order to promote further sales, then Angus needs to be somewhat accountable for this BS. 

Prior to this, I ended up buying a watch that was posted as IN STOCK, but turned out to be out of stock once I paid. Then they suggested another watch, which I reluctantly agreed to, only to find out a couple days later that this second option (which THEY suggested) was also out of stock. Then when I finally ask for a refund, they have the nerve to suggest a third option instead. This whole ordeal took 3 weeks to settle, ultimately resulting with a refund, and ONLY because Francis got involved. 

PT is in shambles. Their operations suck. I left them and went with another TD and so far, am very happy. 

That has unfortunately been happening more lately with PT being a large dealer and it's your prerogative to go elsewhere. I've used quite a few TDs with varying results. It's all part of the black market game. I trust Angus though and can count on him to get me great info and do the right thing when something goes wrong. I personally cannot expect much more.

You are wrong! The rep bracelet did not fit the previous rep case so the factory remade the case as the pin holes were in the wrong place.

I would imagine this bracelet will fit the gen case.

I have still not received my watch. Very slow service from puretime this time around!!

Hmm, okay watcher, not sure what you meant or were on about.

GhostStar: THANK YOU for getting the real answer! I didn't want to end up with extra stuff I wouldn't use. So it's gen bracelet, it's still a very clean look, just hoped to save a little money at least. worse, the more I go back to the iwc site the better the yacht club editions are looking, and for those it'd be back to rubber straps. New direction perhaps.

Happy Holidays to all!

Just another note. Not sure if this is universal though (those others who bought the XVII with bracelet please chime in).

The micro adjustment (the corrugated piece in the middle of the clasp underside) doesn't work. 

Link-close.jpg

The bar that is supposed to hold the corrugated piece in place isn't on tight enough to keep it from sliding out every time. So basically, the most convenient detail about the IWC pilot bracelet is negated in this rep bracelet. 

Just another note. Not sure if this is universal though (those others who bought the XVII with bracelet please chime in).

The micro adjustment (the corrugated piece in the middle of the clasp underside) doesn't work.

Link-close.jpg

The bar that is supposed to hold the corrugated piece in place isn't on tight enough to keep it from sliding out every time. So basically, the most convenient detail about the IWC pilot bracelet is negated in this rep bracelet.

Same problem on my bracelet too. Is there a fix for that?

I got the micro adjustment on the bracelet to work a few days ago. It seems the screws were over torqued. With the small screwdriver I unscrewed the two screws the hold the bar and then screwed them back, trying not to over screwed them, and now it worked. I am not sure it just lucks but I can do micro adjustment now.