When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

You lost me. Are you referring to the texture of the subdials. I am still looking back and forth to see if the font matches up on the subdials but I think the markers within the subdials look good. Correct me if I am wrong please. :)

The subdials are flat on Angus's, but grooved on the gen.

Does anyone know if this watch will be waterproofed since it is 1:1??? :whistling:

Def looking to get swiss 7750 and ss bracelet later on. Will the IWC gst bracelet fit on this? Need to get the bracelet brushed in any case.

Thanks SOOOOOOOOO much for making this. It is my HALO watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by thrillseeker

Looks superb - good job! Good to hear as well that Swiss 7750 version available.

Had another look at the gen at local AD this morning.

General points.

As previously mentioned, the colours need to be spot on - the dial needs to be a really deep blue and I think you've got that 99.9% spot on - don't be misled by the IWC website - the dial is not the bright blue colour it appears on there. White needs to be bright and clear - hard to tell from the pics above but looks pretty close. The lettering on your dial looks OK too - not too bold. The lettering on the 2 inner bezels does need to be bold and also really bright. Sharpness is critical - the lettering on the gen is razor sharp.

Specific points

The 2 markers at 12 are not aligned properly.

The markers at 3, 6 & 9 look narrow - hard to tell. On the gen, all the hour markers are the same width, some are longer than others but all same width but yours look narrower. Grooving needed on subdials at previously mentioned.

Would like to see the bezels when ready.

Also, what about the lume? As mentioned on some other posts here and on RWG, lume will be important - the gen is loaded with lume and this hopefully will be too.

Keep up the good work - watching this with interest!!

Thanks

Hilts.

The subdial has CONCENTRIC CIRCLES, sorry for the bad camera, the dial is deep blue, sorry for the poor white balance...

12 subdial markers not aligned, 12' markers crooked, 9' markers wrong in height, "cousteau divers" not bold enough and 6' marker should be in square, ALL THESE will be reported to the watch maker, thank you for your help!!

Angus,

Please make sure the rubber straps will be longer then the leather Breitling straps you supplied with your EVO AND STEELFISH.

The bigger guy will not be able to wear them and buying replacements would be hopeless.

Edited by pma45

Please make sure the rubber straps will be longer then the leather Breitling straps you supplied with your EVO AND STEELFISH.

The bigger guy will not be able to wear them and buying replacements would be hopeless.

I'm sure the straps are the same size as the genuines that are available on the Asian market. :blink:

if the concentric subdials are definitely noticeable from a distance on the genuine and hardly noticeable :cc_detective: (i just looked again and could see them faintly) on the sample dial with relatively close-up pictures, it would seem like they need to be adjusted on the sample dial. is it possible to make the grooves of the concentric circles deeper? :g:

also, no commentary on the lume on this watch doesn't give me much hope for the possibility of superlume... :wounded1:

if the concentric subdials are definitely noticeable from a distance on the genuine and hardly noticeable :cc_detective: (i just looked again and could see them faintly) on the sample dial with relatively close-up pictures, it would seem like they need to be adjusted on the sample dial. is it possible to make the grooves of the concentric circles deeper? :g:

also, no commentary on the lume on this watch doesn't give me much hope for the possibility of superlume... :wounded1:

Without superlume this won't fly for me. I often get dials relumed, but the complexity of the lume job on this one will make that a tough job.

Angus,

Angus,

Please! Please! Please! see if the factory will make an XXXL strap for this beast! or find the cost...maybe there are enough big guys that we could all throw in $100 bucks or so to have it made!