When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

hmm...maybe i am too critical....

dial:

1) numbers on outer ring too close to the edge

2) datefont different from the gen (but i must admitt its pretty close)

3) numbers on the inner ring (which is supposed to be rotatable) are centered but they actually should be closer to the middle of the dial !!!!

other than that, the dial looks very very close, nice work.. =)

watch back:

1) wood looks like some cheap plastic, its too bright brown

2) engravings are ALL TOO THIN AND NOT DEEP ENOUGH !!! look what massive engravings the gen has and different font

watch side:

1) crown engravings not as crisp as the gen !

other than that, great rep !!!

Wow, very, very nice. The case back with the wood is done very well.

I've got a 6.5" wrist and I can pull off a 44mm Pam, do you guys think I'll be able to pull this one off without it looking clownish?

The rep crown seems to be a different shape......more domed and possibly a smaller diameter?

Can it be confirmed that the subdial hands will be manufactured in Swiss sizes rather than glueing the Asian size hands onto the smaller posts on the Swiss movements? If they will be manufactured to fit the Swiss ETA 7750 they would also suit the GST where ETA movements are being retro fitted.

it could be the difference in lighting but i find the orange of the rep not sparkling enough (on this comparisonpic anyway), gen looks to be much crispier . Hope it's not the case , 'cause i really like the orange-blue dial contrast .Nevertheless , looks like a winner in my book .

P.

The 3180058 on the rep back(serial #??) need to be moved in slightly towards the wood?

Does the "IWC" on the strap seem slightly too 'bold'?

and the already mentioned faults:

Wood looks crap

Numbers on outer ring need to be move in slightly

Engravings on back need to be deeper

Wonky markers/crap lume

apart from that looks very nice :)

Hmm.. I think we have a ways to go..

1) Orange font (espeically the size/boldness of Cousteau Divers)

2) 3 marker

3) The ship on the back appears to be raised on the rep but not on the gen, anyone know this?

4) The wood looks totally different

5) Crown "width" difference

And theres more...

I know they can't be perfect, but with the releases of the super reps.. hopefully we can do it better than this..

Edited by dak244

The ship on the caseback should have a rounded stern not a sharp angled one. I'm kidding, just being over critical. Overall I am quite impressed, the ar looks spot on. Can't wait to see final product. Lume is the biggest issue for me, second is the incorrect markers, and third is the wood caseback. I am looking forward to purchasing a 7750 ETA.

The ship on the caseback should have a rounded stern not a sharp angled one. I'm kidding, just being over critical. Overall I am quite impressed, the ar looks spot on. Can't wait to see final product. Lume is the biggest issue for me, second is the incorrect markers, and third is the wood caseback. I am looking forward to purchasing a 7750 ETA.

As mentioned the rubber looks pretty cheap - not confident that it is the same type of rubber since the Gen doesnt have any dust and crap stickign to it like the rep. Also the edges of the rubber are not finished well.

The wood does look like that cheap plastic laminate you get on old school tables lol

Something about the font doesnt look quite right? nto same size or maybe its the diff focus of the camera

But overall still looks pretty good

Check out this auction for an IWC aquatimer. http://www.sell.com/22HJWD It is a replica of the IWC aquatimer, not the Cousteau diver. I am glad our replica's don't look that bad. I mean WTF is a year sub dial? What do you do with the watch after three years set it back to 2005. :thumbdown: Not to mention the 100s of other flaws. The seller believes that it looks exactly like the original. Probably a 1:1 replica.

Am I the only one who wants to see a metal bracelet??????

Moose

Not at all, but i think chances are very very low that we will see. The maker of this piece is the same who did the HBB and only seems to do stuff he has the gen of...it sure would look sexy on braces...

But before thinking about the bracelet i am more worried that the flaws pointed out will not be corrected...which means no Cousteau for me :wounded1: