When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

Not necessary. Plexiglass will be perfect. I do not expect to have many problems in the back of the watch. And plexiglass is use in many good reps, and old gens.

If it is cheapo plastic, it will be more inconvenient. But, lets wait what comes. In the photos, I see nothing wrong.

Not necessary. Plexiglass will be perfect. I do not expect to have many problems in the back of the watch. And plexiglass is use in many good reps, and old gens.

If it is cheapo plastic, it will be more inconvenient. But, lets wait what comes. In the photos, I see nothing wrong.

It seems anyone who touches the back would be easily be able to recognize that it's not glass. This isn't a dead giveaway?

It seems anyone who touches the back would be easily be able to recognize that it's not glass. This isn't a dead giveaway?

Yes, I'm sure all your friends and relatives are quite familiar with this watch (especially the back)......and will notice it.....DEAD GIVEAWAY (I love that term) !

My advice........don't buy it until they 100% replicate them accurately. Otherwise, you'll be called out immediately....probably from across the room :black_eye:

Yes, I'm sure all your friends and relatives are quite familiar with this watch (especially the back)......and will notice it.....DEAD GIVEAWAY (I love that term) !

My advice........don't buy it until they 100% replicate them accurately. Otherwise, you'll be called out immediately....probably from across the room :black_eye:

Sound advice Robert. Especially if you plan to wear the watch inside out :animal_rooster:

Unfortunately you re right. The surround on the piece of wood should be sapphire - not plastic. Here is an interesting article:

http://www.thewatchquote.com/IWC-Aquatimer...ers-No_5678.htm

Does the pusher at 4 o'clock double as chrono reset and inner bezel adjuster as it does on the gen?

The back crystal is not plastic (not sapphire as well), and yes the 4 o'clock pusher is both chrono reseter and inner bezel adjuster.

Will ask the maker about the material of the back crystal today.

Argh! I paid King, and I get an e-mail back from her telling me there's no stock all of a sudden. Something strange is going on here...

i was wondering how king could have gotten advance stocks of the costeau divers. my impression from angus was that he was talking with the maker over the next several days to work out final flaws....if king had gotten a couple early prototypes that she was selling, that would be one thing....but i'm guessing she will get the same final product (at the same time) as angus and the other dealers with access to this watch.....

deltatahoe

puretime any update of swiss iwc coustaeu??

Please tell us! All talk seems to be about the Asian at the moment - are we getting a Swiss version? :rolleyes:

What's the timescales now? And any idea of price yet?

Sorry for repeating old questions - just excited! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hilts :play_ball:

Not sure about how things work, but I can only imagine that if a "Swiss" movement is in it we will be looking at a $700+ price tag for the watch.

I would rather go buy a gen. of another watch than spend that much on a rep. that is not 100% movement excluded of course.

Estimated release date is 15th April, will be available in both Asian 7750 and Swiss 7750 movement versions, watch maker has not quoted me the price yet.

Checked the lume as well, not as good as expected, already told the watch maker to improve it but I don't expect too much.

Hey Angus - 15th has come and gone - what's the latest update - we're all keen here? :whistling:

Thanks

Hilts :play_ball:

Can't wait. But I would be doubtful whether there are any improvements are made subsequent to the pics posted on King's site. If I were a betting man that "10" on the inner bezel is going to be off-kilter. If you prefer Swiss I would suggest buying the Asian and doing the movement swap yourself. It's cheaper and you know the quality of the movement going in. :)