When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whatever happened to Lanikai..?

frankt

I still keep up with him on Facebook. Neither he nor I post much there, but I see his posts on occasion. I believe that he is doing well, does have some business interests that probably are pretty time consuming. Like a lot of folks,myself included, get involved with other things in life and sometimes hobbies and outside interests get shoved to the back of the line. Another thing, people move on to other hobbies, look at the number of guys that were super active here a few years back, and now they are either gone entirely, or only visit the forum on rare occasions. Several different organizations have done extensive studies on recreational pursuits. The general consensus from some studies done several years ago showed that the activity cycle of most hobbies was around 7 years. It showed that while you had a core group that found a hobby or activity and stayed with it for many years, the majority of folks got involved and participated for and average of 7 years. After a time, they lost interest and moved on to something else. I believe that this watch hobby is probably about the same. People come in, get active buy and sell a few or maybe a lot of watches and at some point, they realize that they have enough, their situation changes, marriage, kids, job demands,etc. and they are gone.

• Like 1