When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3777 and 3878 at the AD

Cromag

• 3 weeks later...

Arrived today: my gen 3777 dial. :clap2:

The differences I (am quiet sure to) see: the white color is more white on the gen dial. The black is more black. The small fonts look a bit clearer or more "cutting". I can't describe it better. Possibly it's only an imagination. But the main flaw and the reason why I sourced a gen dial: the triangle at 12 on my rep dial is a little bit crooked. Normally nobody can see this. But you know: I know it is crooked and so I see it every day. This is annoying and so I start my first franken.  ;)

post-48925-0-75886000-1386284453_thumb.j

Thanks!

I sourced the dial - at an AD in germany! :clap2:  I called him, asked and he said: "No problem. Send me 250$ (185€) and I'll order it for you. Delivery time 3-4 weeks." No questions like "Why?" or "What is your serial number?" A simple, good deal.

The strap is a HKTan distressed brown leather. Contact Aaron if interested. I'm waiting for my BP-strap in grey alligator with light blue stitch like the strap on the attached picture! Jacob is a fantastic strap maker but he has looooooong waiting lists.

Can you tell me more about the vaclume AR? What is the difference to the rep AR? Where can I get it (in europe)? Price?

Last question: does anyone know where to find a gen crown with tube? OK, I can try my AD again...  :g:

post-48925-0-61717900-1386317569_thumb.j

Score!!! Or translated for you euro football lovers... Goaaaaaal!! :)

Vac does the best AR coating on the crystal in the US. I think the gen AR is cloudy on this model. It's very strange and needs a rep AR ;)

Vac if out of Florida but you guys have someone in EU for good AR.