When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date just & explorer sa3135 v2

lukenorris2011

"What does it take to get a reliable SA3135?"

That is a very good question, not much has been posted about them. Until there are more in use they will remain a mystery. Does anyone even know which factory makes them?

My guess is they are not a viable alternative to a swiss eta but maybe as good as the average Asian etaclone. Their only advantage other than looking like a rolex 3135 is that genuine rolex dials and hands are supposed to fit them along with genuine date wheels.

"Will a simple service be enough? I don't much about these movements."

'Simple service' should not include parts other than maybe a mainspring and no parts are available for this movement that I know of. Since reliability has not been proven and parts are n/a, you are taking a chance when you buy one (imho).

With the Asian etaclone 2836 and 7750 you can sometimes substitute a genuine part for the defective clone part and always scavenge another etaclone for parts or put a genuine Eta in the watch. Putting a genuine rolex 3135 in a $400 replica watch because the 3135 clone went doa is not much of an option.

I doubt many genuine internal 3135 movement parts will work in a 3135 clone (while pretending genuine 3135 parts are easy to find and affordable).

Finding parts for this movement is the main problem if and when you need them. Finding someone who can do the work is not too much of a problem.

What does it take to get a reliable SA3135? Will a simple service be enough? I don't much about these movements. Any info would be appreciated

"What does it take to get a reliable SA3135?"

That is a very good question, not much has been posted about them.

Read my review here:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/155014-movement-tear-down-angus-3135-v2-rolex-clone/?hl=+3135

"Read my review here:"

Thanks, I read the review when it was posted. What I wonder about is long term use...what wears out, what breaks, winding efficiency, time keeping etc.

If these movements were around $150 each I would jump on one (maybe two, might need one for parts).

It's easy to tell the Y3135 from the A3135 at a glance by the reversers...Y3135 reversers are made like genuine and A3135 reversers have 'hubcaps' on them.