When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Vintage Sports Models

panerai153

Here is my small collection of Rolex Sport models. Hard to believe that a year back, ididn't have a single Rolex. All have been modified all are MBW's & DW except the GMT which is a genuine 16750.

Here's what the mods were to each

MBW 1665 White Dial SD

Singer dial

Ubi Bezel insert

Genuine Crown/ tube

OEM hands

Crown guards modified

lugholes drilled

Vintage Re-lume

Riveted bracelet

MBW 1680 Red Sub

Genuine Bezel insert

Genuine crown/ tube

Swiss ETA 2824-2 Movement

genuine Tropic crystal

Vintage re-lume

Crown guards modified

Lugholes drilled

Genuine springbars

DW 6263 Daytona

Genuine Crystal

Genuine Crown/tube

Genuine Rolex Bracelet

Rolex GMT 16750

All genuine!!

]160449-12343.jpg

The 1016 is a KILLER watch. I wish that I had been smart enough to pick a lovely one up back in the early '90s for less than $700. It came with papers & box... And it had a GILT dial. Once again this is a fine example of how amazingly dumb I am.

It is alwyas easy to regret something you did or did not do, i regret that i sold my SS Daytona 5 years ago, looking at the prices today on ebay....

euno + nanuq -- guys, i've seen the watches you DO have, rep and gen, and i have to say, if you have ANY watch regrets whatsoever, you've got to count to ten and reassess. ;)

yes, i know you're talking hypothetically and maybe monetarily, but seriously folks, how could you (eg, euno) not spend all day and all night basking in warm, fuzzy, endlessly-fulfilled feelings, wearing and watching your, eg, gen 5513, taking care of business on your wrist?

ah, t'would be a beautiful thing...

step 3: enjoy.

jsph

p.s. "boy do i ever not regret that time in 2006 when this princely gent of a man, eunomians, offered me his gen 5513 for $300 and a box of ginger snaps, all in the spirit of christmas.... that was the stuff!" ;);)