When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM029, to display, or not to display, that is the question!

astonjenks

Guys

Help me out here as I would like your opinion on 'To display or not to display' the Beautifully serviced 2836-2 Swiss movement in one of my favorite PAM's the Tuxedo dialed GMT 029.

I recently purchased a lovely PAM display caseback and swapped her out for the solid (correct) caseback and am in two minds to keep her on display or cover her up, what do you think?

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-34571000-1387352333_thumb.j

post-48021-0-65597100-1387352347_thumb.j

post-48021-0-40302300-1387352358_thumb.j

Nooooo!!!!

Sod the solid case back, a trained monkey could make one of those.

The talent that has gone into desigining and creating any watch movement is far more impressive! (and I know these are reps but they're still more than I could make with my own hands!)

Depends on whether you want as gen as possible. Do as you please and don't care what other people think of you.

I would exhibit the sh*t out of that lovely movement. 99% of this planet never heard of Panerai. Pane-what? They think Rolex and Breitling are the only luxery watch brands in the world.

I did actually met someone who knew Panerai, he thought my 253 with the rep strap was a gen and he complimented me on it. I think I sold it to you...