When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Bay in da house

rps01

IMAG1350_zps085cda5d.jpg

a quick phone pic. Loving this watch!!

Read some of the negatives that some buyers have had (mostly on RG) - I had a couple of my own, but were an easy/quick/cheap fix

Say what you will (and there are many naysayers about Angus), but what he's collaboratively put together with the 'Z-Factory' and some passionate Geeks is a remarkable timepiece for the money. I commend him for this and congratulate him for the revenue he's generated from it

Possibly QC wasn't the greatest it could be from the 'factory', but that can be understood (not forgiven however) given the insatiable and relentless demand to get this out before CNY

Mine had misaligned hands (easy fix)

Mine had play in the bezel (dental floss 'fix')

That's it, no other issues

Bracelet is superb - finish and fit is exceptional. Will R&R lube it at some point perhaps, but after a short bath in washing-up liquid with some baby oil added, it probably doesn't need it

Dial is sublime, lume is way better than average

Will at some stage put a Swiss heart in it and get a relume and get the bezel a proper fix, but right now it'll take some [censored] effort to get it off my wrist

In short - fence-sitters, get off your splintered arses and get into the Black Bay ASAP!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

• Like 2

Have one as well, it's an amazing watch. Only thing that I can notice on mine is that the pearl is a bit misaligned, but you'd really need to look up close to notice it. Oh, and the inside of the lugs are razor sharp. I'm dying to wear it but I can't as I actually received the wrong order and am waiting for the dealer to respond to whether or not I can keep it...

Angus knew about the pearl and is sending out a replacement pearl to those of us that were on the pre-order.

To me there's hardly any difference between this one and the gen, I've seen far FAR worse on supposedly "super reps"!

When my new pearl comes I'll replace it (may as well) and sort out the play in the bezel, and also put it back aligned correctly (it's a fraction off now).

All the ones bought now should have the new, improved pearl in, so it'll be appearing a long time before any V2 comes out :)

@Astrograph. Gee, I just noticed the smoking hot dark haired beauty on your sig. Is that your wife? If not do you have her phone #?