When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen in Pics up!

Mike on a bike

MP6178-SS001-12E.jpg

52d875aa92cd2.jpg_mark.jpg

2315189.jpg

Just put up random pics off web as site I'm buying not so good, price $2359 delivered.

dot2.gif Bezel:Stainless steel with engraved tachymeter scale dot2.gif Calendar:Big date display at 12:00 and day display between 4:00 and 5:00 with magnified window dot2.gif Case Back:Screw-down exhibition with sapphire crystal dot2.gif Case Diameter:42 mm dot2.gif Case Shape:Round dot2.gif Case Thickness:14 mm dot2.gif Case:Stainless steel dot2.gif Clasp Type:Push button deployment dot2.gif Crown:Screw-down dot2.gif Crystal:Sapphire dot2.gif Dial Color:Silver (925) dot2.gif Gender:Men's dot2.gif Hands:Metallic blue, green and luminous hour, minute and subdial. Metallic blue second dot2.gif Markers:Luminous Arabic numerals dot2.gif Material:Genuine crocodile dot2.gif Movement:Swiss made automatic, 49 Jewels, (Caliber ML15) dot2.gif Series:Masterpiece/Flyback dot2.gif Strap Color:Black dot2.gif Strap Length:Up to 9 inches dot2.gif Strap Material:Black genuine crocodile dot2.gif Strap Width:18 mm (20 mm between lugs) dot2.gif Style:Chronograph dot2.gif Subdials:60 second, 30 minute and 12 hour dot2.gif Water Resistant:10 ATM/100 meters/330 feet dot2.gif Weight:104g

Watch Warranty: Maurice Lacroix 2 Year Limited Warranty
Maurice Lacroix 2 Year Limited Warranty

I guess it's just like we always say, if you like it then go for it!

Otherwise for the specs it appears to be priced in the same range as other chronos. It's hard to tell if it is the month at 4:30 or the day. In the pic it looks like it says OCT or October but could be wrong. For some comparables check out the Tag Link Chrono (my personal fav):

post-37023-0-75196100-1392148065_thumb.j

or the Tag Carrera Chrono a bit sportier:

post-37023-0-47451100-1392148573_thumb.j

If your really flush check out the offerings from Zenith:

post-37023-0-77257400-1392148640_thumb.j

Like the BB ($800 more give or take)but I am just stocked with nice divers gen and plenty of rep some vintage that cover that style very light on chronos as I hate busy dials can not read well. This one with large Arabic numbers looks to be a fairly easy reader for a chrono the Carrera looks to be an easy read also let me check price point.

Around $3200 was the best I could find on Carrera, Link doable on price but the bracelet new from TAG only 6 inches to small. What are these for college kids!

True, but Link would look good on a strap. Carrera is a bit more pricey but looks a bit dressier if that's what your after. I figure you'd need to get additional links anyway.

FWIW, I hear that the rep links fit the gen....

Hi Mike, we have similar taste in the busy dials.  Why I generally do not prefer the AP's or Breitlings.  I like ML, always liked their work--classy watches.  I also like the Carrera jpz posted.  At the end of the day not really a chrono fan.  Had a gen Daytona a few years ago and never wore it much and sold it.  

Agree with Archie those hands are pretty awesome and the separate month and date function is unique.  That is a beauty.  

Mike, Maurice Lacroix watches are great. I have had several, and every one of them have been high quality, well made watches. I don't think you will be disappointed in this one.

Here is the only one I have left

post-327-0-85500900-1392150659_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple that have departed. I really regret selling the Reveil Globe, but I needed funds for non-watch related stuff and it had to go

post-327-0-69178100-1392150754_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-63427400-1392150881_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-32376400-1392151035_thumb.jpg

The ML dial, arabics and hands remind me a little of TAG Heuers latest Monza. A classic but totally contemporary look.

If only the Monza was bigger.

But yeah the more I look at the ML, the more I want one! 42mm is just about right for a white dial watch I think...

I was able to get a separate PayPal with a separate credit card. Drives my wife crazy! But I think those days are limited as she is wanting to be on the credit card account so she can "see the balance". Since she is in charge of the bills each month it'll likely have to happen to keep the peace!