When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Tools and Supplies

Edge

Was thinking that it would be a good idea to put together a list of the best places to go when looking for watch parts, tools and supplies.

Things like case openers, O-ring grease, Screwdrivers and just general stuff that lots of people need.

This was inspired by the Pan strap thread that Veni has set ip with links and all sorts of info on different strap dealers.

I would love for you guys to input your thought on where to go for watch tools and supplies, I really haven't got much of a clue apart from :

www.ottofrei.com

Come on guys let's have it...........

www.julesborel.com is also a good source and can be a little cheaper than Otto Frei's.

Other tools you need for basic work:

Screwdrivers (don't skimp, get A&F, Bergeon or Horotek)

Tweezers (Get some pretty decent ones, its worth it)

Oils and Oil pin (La Perle oil is cheap and good for reps)

Hand remover

Hand setter

Rodico (super handy, removes finger prints, hold small parts, must have item)

Guy's whilst I do believe these are great threads it would be far better to add any links you have to our Links area, then they are always handy and we don't have to clutter up our boards with to many pinned threads.

Ken

Guy's whilst I do believe these are great threads it would be far better to add any links you have to our Links area, then they are always handy and we don't have to clutter up our boards with to many pinned threads.

Ken

Ken

Just moved these ( not the ebay) up to links- and added a couple of mine.

offshore

• 2 weeks later...
I got them, too.

Pure crap!

You're right, I got them this week and out of the four screwdrivers I got, one of them was useless out of the box (the screwing end just turned loosely in the handle), and two others developed a similar problem after a very short time. The fourth one I haven't used yet. I am going to have to spring for a decent small screwdriver set. At least it was cheap.