When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow this franken 6265 is for sale...

recoop

Always impressed how people can throw $10k into a build, but not spend a couple of hundred bucks on a decent camera...

I agree but it's more about learning how to use light to your advantage, I use an iphone for all my pics and they're pretty good.

I agree but it's more about learning how to use light to your advantage, I use an iphone for all my pics and they're pretty good.

+1. The iphone's camera is pretty decent, not that it can compete with a dlsr, but you can still get some pretty good pictures if you have good lighting.

It's not a gen 727....rather a Valjoux 72 converted to look like a 727...

I had to go back and read it again, but right you are janeto72! Coopster9 lists it at $3000usd whereas a true Rolex 727 would be worth $10-15K usd, And he as much as admits that it's not a true 727 on page 6 of the RWI thread.

+1. The iphone's camera is pretty decent, not that it can compete with a dlsr, but you can still get some pretty good pictures if you have good lighting.

Yep, I use a GS4 for most of my photos since it makes uploading easier and good light goes a long way. This and I always place it on a tripod or mount. Not shooting from your hands with a mobile phone camera can make a world of difference in the clarity and focus.

Breathtaking price that hinges entirely on the provenance of the movement, as far as I'm concerned. I'll need more than "Valjoux 727"!

Visually, I'd rather have wiesn089's old build. (Right, Daniel?) :)

That one gets more than its share of the rotation. I can wear it a business meeting or grabbing a Saturday night movie. Love it.