When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fitting 2836-2 in 3135 case set

irolexu

I have a DJ case meant for a 3135 rolex movement and I also have a franken DJ that I want to rehome all of the guts into this new case. This new case is true 1:1 in every way possible (very simple case really) anyways I pulled the movement and everything else out and the brass ring will not go in to the 3135 case! Do I need a different ring? also I understand some folks use the 2836-2 or the 2824 and I have seen both configurations work out before. What is the best way to go about mounting the movement to the 3135 case? thanks! 

its a SA3135 case I bought the watch to rob the movement and now I want to recycle the case with my super franken dj case. This case set is extremely nice and very well shaped and much more desirable for a franken build so thats what I am trying to do. 

I used that one in my gen 16014 cases, but that case was for a 3035 movement. If the dimensions are the same, then I assume it would work too, but the OP said something about moving the guts from a franken to a 3135 case so maybe not?

Too bad Stilty's not around. His customer rings were always labelled with the conversion, so you always knew ... ;)

+1 on the 2824.  Stem height on the 2836 is appropriate to replace older movements, like the 3035 and supposedly the 15XX series, but not the 3135.  That's why 2836 reps always have the wrong crown height. 

• Like 1

I never understood why the ETA movements are both interchangeable when using a Stilty ring. He had a different size for each of the different Rolex movements, but as far as I know, they both worked for either a 2824 or 2836, as you can see from the picture.

I've got 3 of the 3035 cases and one's got a 2836-2 and the other two have 2824-2 movements. Wasn't a problem for either movement.

DSCN2476.jpg

On a side note and for those who build up DJ reps. The SA3135 DJ case set is the next best thing to gen. I will do a mini review soon. I am getting a gen 16200 to compare and show you guys. Well worth buying one and parting it out

How much are the case sets? As long as I can get gen 162xx cases for less than 300.00 it seems pointless not to use them.

On a side note and for those who build up DJ reps. The SA3135 DJ case set is the next best thing to gen. I will do a mini review soon. I am getting a gen 16200 to compare and show you guys. Well worth buying one and parting it out

which TD sells them? Been searching for a gen 16200 for a while but I can't seem to find one for a decent price.

Thanks in advance

Well you can not buy just the case. You need to get the whole watch and either sell off the movement and/or use the movement in other projects. for me I have been robbing the movements and using them on projects and since the subs are not really that great I figured the DJ would be the next best thing and they are. They are awesome as long as you have the right parts. I started off on the wrong foot by trying to install a 2836 not realizing there is a big difference. And if your using a 3035 case you can use either movement no problem. 3135 is a different set up as far as dimensions are concerned. 

Well you can not buy just the case. You need to get the whole watch and either sell off the movement and/or use the movement in other projects. for me I have been robbing the movements and using them on projects and since the subs are not really that great I figured the DJ would be the next best thing and they are. They are awesome as long as you have the right parts. I started off on the wrong foot by trying to install a 2836 not realizing there is a big difference. And if your using a 3035 case you can use either movement no problem. 3135 is a different set up as far as dimensions are concerned. 

I plan on using the case and movement and using my gen 14270 dial. I don't have the heart to cut the dial feet to use it on a ETA movement.

I plan on using the case and movement and using my gen 14270 dial. I don't have the heart to cut the dial feet to use it on a ETA movement.

Eh, once you clip your first feet you tend to get over it. You can send dials out to have feet reattached no problem. I was apprehensive about clipping my first. It's true that it lowers their gen value, but you will always be able to sell them here in that condition.

Eh, once you clip your first feet you tend to get over it. You can send dials out to have feet reattached no problem. I was apprehensive about clipping my first. It's true that it lowers their gen value, but you will always be able to sell them here in that condition.

This is very true. Only dials I wouldn't clip would be very rare vintage dials or brand new late model sub dials that have a high value but everything else is subject to my clippers