When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black bay v2

redroom

I just picked up one of these from another member and I'm absolutely smitten! I didn't see what the big fuss was about from the pictures but on be wrist it is spectacular! It looks fantastic with a navy or grey suit and great with casual wear also. It's also the highest quality rep I've ever owned. My question is how much better is the v2 expected to be? The one I have has been relumed and glows like a torch but I paid a premium for it and I'm wondering if I should sell it now while it is in demand and just wait for the v2 to save a few bucks (for another watch of course!). What are others thoughts? supemu2y.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm is the actual V2 out or still just the V1.5 with some of the updates not all of them? To be honest I still think the shape of the pearl is off and the new thinner engraving on the crown is off. The V1 crown can be rounded and sanded slightly and it would be closer to gen than the new thinner engraved version.

Picked up my BB this morning and I am very happy.

Fit and finish on the watch is very nice and with the exception of the pearl being a little off center, i think it looks dead on! I may consider replacing the bezel insert with a gen if i can find one, but it definitely will do for now.

Here are a couple of quick snaps using my phone in the car

post-62795-0-30961000-1400854298_thumb.j

post-62795-0-54258300-1400854303_thumb.j

post-62795-0-89649800-1400854307_thumb.j

post-62795-0-95763200-1400854314_thumb.j

Edited by harryrod

Take the sticky tape off it and use some GS-Hypo Cement. If you want to make sure it doesnt come off again use a toothpick and carefully put some superglue around the edge of the bezel then place the insert into position making sure it is aligned properly before u push it into place. Remember less is more if your using superglue, the worst thing to happen is too put too much on and it squeezing out of the edge and through to the front of the insert.

Hi, thought these were push-in and not glued. Would try to center that pearl while it´s off or get another insert if available. Both shouldn´t happen on a shipped $350 watch.

Will stay happy with my V1. Easy to wear with any cloth and anywhere, just love the vintage looks with the gilt dial.

• 1 month later...