When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luminor 1950 Gmt Eight Days...

lello

This watch will be my dream from now on... :Jumpy:

Would it be possible to make the 8 days power reserve + GMT, by the 21J :blink:

I think thst with the asian 21j could be made the PR and the GMT function...but you can forget the 8 day PR...and BTW the gen uses a manual handwind mvt...

This watch will be my dream from now on... :Jumpy:

Would it be possible to make the 8 days power reserve + GMT, by the 21J :blink:

I think thst with the asian 21j could be made the PR and the GMT function...but you can forget the 8 day PR...and BTW the gen uses a manual handwind mvt...

I hope they can make it with another mvt than the Asian 21J... My experience with that mvt isn't very good :-(

I'm no expert in mvt. But I know that many of you guys are. Could anyone tell me what other options there are. I know that it's not possible with the 8days PR but besides that - what would be the best mvt for a rep of this watch?

Edited by Murdoch

Hope is the last one to die! :rolleyes:

Perhaps, a 7750 with a couple of modifies...

I don't think it would be a very diffucult task for the producers..., it should be an eccentric fulcrum on the PR wheel at 5, with a leverage driving the horizontal hand in the slit.

Plus an additional wheel over the seconds at 9, to switch day and night.

I'm i saying uncanny things? :crazy:

Edited by lello

This watch, dubbed "The Fang" in other fora, may not be *all that* in the photos... But as Quarks says, that watch is a whole different animal in person, almost blew my credit card on that but quickly was slapped back to reality by my better half :bangin:

I highly doubt they will come even close to this in a rep... if they do, I will join ravishingrick in a shorts eating contest.

Manual wind, GMT, Power reserve (8 whole days) ,night/day display, AND date! :wub:

People who don't like this watch, must be people who don't like Panerai, as this has in it a concentrate of the Panerai best:

Sandwitch dial, 1950 case, 8 days PR indicator, noght/day display, GMT and manual winding...

What more do you want to see in a watch?

Don't make general assumptions.. As I said beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I hate this watch and I like Panerai having a genuine one and 2 very expensive franks..

The 8 days indicator is STUPID... they could have designed something much more beautiful.

The GMT hand is small and black on black and the date doesn't look good...

:thumbdown:

On the other hand I like the case and the domed crystal ;)

Don't make general assumptions.. As I said beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I hate this watch and I like Panerai having a genuine one and 2 very expensive franks..

The 8 days indicator is STUPID... they could have designed something much more beautiful.

The GMT hand is small and black on black and the date doesn't look good...

:thumbdown:

On the other hand I like the case and the domed crystal ;)

yes :g: