When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there anything better than a Sigma Dial Vintage Daytona?

danielv2000

Here we have one the best franken Daytona's ever built by our very own Wiesn089 with a beautiful and rare Sigma dial.

tebu3evy.jpg

I always wanted a silver dial vintage Daytona - a gen dial. I had read often that nothing shimmers like a silver gen dial. The way the light hits it.

Not too long ago, I purchased another v72 build from Polexpete with my goal of finally putting in silver dial.

Here are the 2 black dial Daytona's pictured together.

udu9u6e6.jpg

But the hunt for the gen silver dial was proving to be difficult.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a flurry of Vintage Daytona's for sale - Omega's stunning build and Roliroli's pair with gen dials. As i contemplated buying one of these, my friend Janeto72 shot me a PM. Janeto72's build is without doubt the best and most committed build this community has seen so far.

You can re-discover it here:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/149900-rwg-6265-6263-vintage-daytona-build-tutorial/page-3

The rest, as they say is history.

So, what's better than sigma dial Vintage daytona? Two sigma dial Vintage daytona's!

9e2u9eda.jpg

The watch is spectacular. The dial is really special and makes the watch pop. My preference was always for a black bezel like Omega's but I can't complain! I might swap on a black bezel eventually.

Thanks to Janeto72 for a flawless transaction. We had hoped for a face-2-face deal but our agendas did not coincide. I hope to meet you one day and personally congratulate you on this build.

Here are a few more pics.

u8y2umy5.jpg

3ymu9y4a.jpg

ebu3u3em.jpg

a3emy4a3.jpg

2uhutu6u.jpg

Hey brother,

thank you for the wonderful transaction on this build...I am sure you will enjoy it! I belive the silver Panda dial along with the 7020 tube, 702 crown and the P301 pushers puts it over the top....a nice "superdome" tropic 21 would be the cherry on top of the icing...If you so desire one let me know and i'll put you in contact with my source...

thanks,

j