When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

***PLEASE HELP** The best gold replica? PLEASE HELP

sirdreday

I was wondering if some of you all can point me in the right direction to purchase the best gold day date or date just with president band that is all gold? What trusted dealer has the best gold replicas that will last the longest as far as color? I know it all depends on your skin and etc. but who had the best reputation for their gold replicas?

Thank you

Mr. T aka. B.A (bad attitude/baracus) has some serious gold stuff so try him ;)

Jk..you will find what you need on trusty time but plated steel will never be close to real gold. Nevertheless, you will find good gold reps which should last quite good as long as they are plated intensively enough ;)

Since all reps are plated Steel i Would recommend buying a watch you want and buy a gen gold bracelet

Then you Can minimise the removal of The gold plating

Rep gold doesn't hold a candle to gen gold.  Its a very obvious difference in color and weight.  Good luck affording a gen gold rolex bracelet.  You're looking at 4k + for a good condition example… Thats IF you can find one for sale.  I would stick to SS rep watches and leave gold to gen.

• Like 1

Try mymanmatt he does great DD/DJ. Use a good strap and gen buckle. Here is mine gen dial crown bezel and crystal on a gen strap. Matt does great work and is a great guy to work with. He has build and modded several pieces for me.

uzebyse6.jpg

Or one that was build for my friend who likes bling. I had this watch in my hand and on the wrist and the bracelet is decent. In fact I ordered a gold bracelet for mine but do not have it yet. Weight and feel are a little off as I had a gen gold DD a few years back but it does look pretty good. Don't know about durability yet as these are new. Clasp is nice and locks good.

post-60288-0-60586700-1400096732_thumb.j

Dre, way to jump out there.  Nice to meet you, via PM.  I like the look of this, it is---ah different, but generally folks frown on diamonds and gold ;)  All that matters is if you like it.  My friend Dave would love this. That is his diamond DD pictured above.  

Good luck with your first purchase and welcome to the forum.  

This gold DJ case came from Matt- it's very nice.

Yuki gen DJ dial, 2836-2 clone w/ a nice white DWO, Clark hands and a luxurydeals jubilee (I think!) with 455B end pieces.

photo_zps9cbd0345.jpg

I'm actually thinking about redoing this watch- smooth bezel and an oyster bracelet

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

A guy dropped about a dozen gold plated over steel mid quality DDs on me in a trade and I blew them out in a hurry (A21J movements).  I have seen a few of them over the years and here is what I saw:

Case plating worn down to base metal on sharp edges...lug tops and bottom edges of case.

Some but usually not a lot of wear on bezel flute tips (the crystal takes most of the hits).

Plating worn off the bracelets on the 12 o'clock side where they rub table tops etc (when worn on left arm).

Plating worn off underside of bracelet and clasp where the clasp rubs the links.

Plating worn off bracelet mid links where they rub together on the sides, usually showing black residue.

Plating worn off the crown.

Overall ratty appearance.

A21J DD movements can develop all kinds of Gremlins.  Swisseta 2834 DD movements and clones (afaik on clones) have a very thin day disc (.04mm) that can cause trouble.  Most 2834 DD movements have a plastic spacer around the movement with dial foot holes in it and the spacer can move slightly causing the day of the week to not center in the window because the dial has moved...this also makes the hands appear to be out of whack.

Imho DD movements in general are a pain.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=eta+2834+movement&qpvt=eta+2834+movement&qpvt=eta+2834+movement&qpvt=eta+2834+movement&FORM=IGRE

Rep gold doesn't hold a candle to gen gold.  Its a very obvious difference in color and weight.  Good luck affording a gen gold rolex bracelet.  You're looking at 4k + for a good condition example… Thats IF you can find one for sale.  I would stick to SS rep watches and leave gold to gen.

Could not have said it any better. SS is the Rep way. But the rubberclad AP is not bad in Rep. Very close to gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well good if you have to have gold DJ mymanmatt is the way to go I highly recommend him but loose the bracelet go leather.

You posted to get help from guys who have experience in this so take pause do not let desire blind you to the reality of what you are purchasing.