When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

USPS tracking information

docthor

Just out of curiosity because I had been told that there should be a strap on its way to me (international letter).

The usps tracking only says "electronic shipping info received".

Could it be that it isn't shipped yet or is an international letter not traceable?

USPS tracking is notoriously bad.   Shipments rarely get lost, but trying to get information is a complete farce, more often than not.   You may well get it delivered without the tracking system ever updating!

The USPS is very inconsistent. Case in point, I ordered a Seagull ST2130 movement from a dealer in Portugal. She shipped it Registered Mail, about 10-11 days ago. I checked it on the USPS tracking site a couple of days ago, shows up in Red at the top, " no information about this tracking number,check back later. Today, I picked up my mail, there was a notice to pick it up at the PO!! I redid the tracking, the only entry was"notice left, no authorized person available" so it's hit or miss. Some packages get scanned at every stop, some never get scanned, they just show up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk