When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner

Kozij

Ok, so I'm guessing a V6 TC is best, but you'll have to pardon my relative lack of rep knowledge. What's the TC and what's the best website to get it from? I've been referred to trusty time and toros. Is this particular sub on either of those?

Mate you if looked a little without just wanting everything served for you

You Would know where TC is and what and where

Look around we get this question really often you just ask because you dont give a [censored] and just want a submariner you can brag about with your friends it aint that hard to find

Sorry for my french

Hope you get what you looking for

Edited by Ezio

Well we are friendly mate but you could have searched and Got answered with just 10 seconds of searching for all your questions

But you decided to make the holy grail [censored] up question who Got the best Sub

I Would gladly have helped if you have tried to find it yourself first

And i did say

Hope you get what you are looking for ;)

• Like 1

I'm amazed and floored every time I am on this site because of how good and deep the knowledge is, and how gracious the people are. Not just about the chosen interests but lots of stuff.

I come here a lot to read. You should too.

This site clearly is not about the knowledge only. To make a great site you have to participate. Not reading, not searching, is simply not building the community. It is almost comical how many times in how many places (pinned info, faq, etc) it is mentioned that people come asking for the best sub. You would absolutely not ask if you saw all that. We all know you didn't see all that, so we know you're not using the site the way it was designed-to relate humans to each other around a common interest.

These people are not a vending machine for answers.

To get to your original question: Go buy a cheap sub. Any will do, because you're not in it for the details. And the details on the whole are pretty good. In fact, I recommend you get a non-rollie sub-alike because there are a lot of things out there that look fine. You may get more for your money. On the whole you will do yourself well to buy a given brand because you know and enjoy its details. If you don't, don't buy.

The other part of your question. The TDs are T. They all may be a bit different one to another but they are all trusted. If you are up for the whole experience, any will work. Some patience and clear communication is required.

I'm amazed and floored every time I am on this site because of how good and deep the knowledge is, and how gracious the people are. Not just about the chosen interests but lots of stuff.

This site clearly is not about the knowledge only. To make a great site you have to participate. Not reading, not searching, is simply not building the community. It is almost comical how many times in how many places (pinned info, faq, etc) it is mentioned that people come asking for the best sub. You would absolutely not ask if you saw all that. We all know you didn't see all that, so we know you're not using the site the way it was designed-to relate humans to each other around a common interest.

To get to your original question: Go buy a cheap sub. Any will do, because you're not in it for the details. And the details on the whole are pretty good. In fact, I recommend you get a non-rollie sub-alike because there are a lot of things out there that look fine. You may get more for your money. On the whole you will do yourself well to buy a given brand because you know and enjoy its details. If you don't, don't buy.

The other part of your question. The TDs are T. They all may be a bit different one to another but they are all trusted. If you are up for the whole experience, any will work. Some patience and clear communication is required.

Well Said mate +1

The infamous best sub question...

Get one of these:

144%20Svezia,%20Stoccolma,%20sottomarini

Gentle give me the specs of that really on the fence with this one

Any gen parts or russian made haha ;) ?

For a guy that's been here for 10 month, it couldn't have been said any better, give this man an award! Haha not really, but hey seriously new comers sign up and expect a hand out all so they can finally obtain their "swear to god it's real" rolex as opposed to those that are here because we have a love and passion of these time pieces, the details, meticulous craftsmanship and research upon research and so much more. I've been here for almost two years now and still have loads to learn, nor will you ever find me flaunting. Irregardless do some research bud as your question is not very hard to find what so ever, there's this thing call a SEARCH bar, give it a try and happy hunting

Where's the best version of the TC?

Just take your $400 and buy a Noob Sub. You'll be happy with it. 

Now if you want to get serious, and own the best sub there is, and end up investing in lots of genuine parts, spending lots of $$$$, and await months for the watch to arrive, then more time for your watch smith to make it a masterpiece, buy a TC. 

Uhuh.

Thank you for your constructive answers. I have made enquiries with TC, and looking at the noob on Toro Bravo's also. I guess I'll weigh up my options.

TC wont sell to you, thats for sure. Go to narikaa section and buy hes thai sub. Money best spent there. I have a feeling you dont even know TC sells the 16610 and the noob thats reffered to is a 116610.

Gentle give me the specs of that really on the fence with this one

Any gen parts or russian made haha ;) ?

Dunno... I took them on a picture in 2004 in Stockholm (went there alone by motorbike from Italy.... Maybe I was already searching for the best sub without even knowing it my self :D)

Dunno... I took them on a picture in 2004 in Stockholm (went there alone by motorbike from Italy.... Maybe I was already searching for the best sub without even knowing it my self :D)

Haha you should see the Danish Sub called sælen ( means seal ) that is a Real discount Sub haha

Yeah, I kind of gathered that TC is quite selective in who he sells to. That's understandable, given I am new to this whole thing. I like the subs on Toro Bravo's, but based on forum discussions, I'm a bit confused as to which movement to go for. Apparently clone 3135s are crap and just overly expensive, so I don't see the point of the $428 rep on that site. That leaves $368 for an Asian ETA 2836, or, pay an extra $180 for Swiss gen. Again, some people are suggesting Swiss gen movements might not be as good as Asian ETA 2836 as they're often refurbs. Thoughts on this? 

Im happy youve dine your homework. Im not a fan of swiss eta in reps. Indeed they are not brand new. Youre better of with a brand nee clone movement. I would stay away from the 3135 clones as they havent been proven yet in my opinion. Have you considered a BP sub? They are cheaper and i dont think you would notice the difference.

Well not a fan of swiss myself from our TD i Always install Them for myself so i know its a good movement but Toro claims he's swiss movement is legit and is brand new

So it might be legit with him