When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portuguese 7 days Power-reserve rep from china - need your opinion

db1

Hi Guys,

I don't have any IWC reps right now, actually lately I've been wearing my gen Oris artelier big date.

I've came across a rep IWC Portuguese 7 days PR rep that is about $105 including shipping, it has the seagull movement (not sure if the one with the skeletonzied rotor or not - anyway the movement is not per gen).

What do you think about the looks ?  is it worth buying ? as much as i'm aware, the "standard" reps such as this, are usually all from the same factory with the same pros and cons no matter who is the dealer (correct me if i'm wrong)

I've attached two photos of the rep.

I've love to see your opinions.

Thanks in advance :)

Db1

post-10855-0-85000300-1407780923_thumb.j

post-10855-0-40178100-1407780930_thumb.j

Thanks for the input friends! The photos indeed looks too good to be real (perfect date window, too perfect), how does the rep from the TD looks like? I know that the standard-grade reps are all made in the same factory, but am I wrong about this one?

Cheers :)

They do photoshop all the logo brandings on any products!

So still do Your homework before hunting in the aliexpress. Also I would suggest only searching for rarer low-end reps. No miracles there when it comes to high-end reps.

And about scamming - if You know what You will be getting while not overpaying and after checking the feedback of the seller - You shouldnt worry much,

Edited by Prancuzas

Hi, don´t know about the pr one but the Portuguese Fa. Jones goes for $118-$128 + shipping from the TD´s, nice, thin, reliable, handwound, no date and a fine watch, there are different versions regarding the onion crown and metal screws instead of blue on the movement- the pictured one is from Supermirrors

IWC-FAJones_10240112.jpg

IWC1024-Ll_0116.jpg

• Like 1

Here's what the rep looks like.

http://www.pure-time.com/product/portuguese-automatic-ss-black-dial/

http://www.pure-time.com/product/portuguese-automatic-ss-white-dial/

As you can see, the subdials are too close to the center, and the date is sunken. The pictures from Ali Express are photoshopped pictures of a gen.

Edited by tomhorn
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Complete agree! I would buy it ASAP if they rep'ed it correct. The problem is: they don't have a movement with correct position of the subdials. The PR subdial is not the problem, it is always on "full" and so a faux PR is ok. The running second at the 9 needs a correct position and therefore a newly modified movement. I think they don't see the market for this because the wrong version is sold as it is. And it is not much sold.

• 2 months later...

That's too bad... The 7 Day is my favorite watch of all time. Mind posting a link to this watch on Ali? I would absolutely buy a sterile, but this has to be photoshop.

The pictures shown are not sterile versions just gens photoshopped, If there was a movement that could replicate the gen then there would be a more accurate rep made using it. All the reps whether sterile or not will have the sub dials too close to the centre. 

• Like 1