When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a real diver?

Mike on a bike

Your a sucker for an orange diver! :partytime: At 699 worth it w/ the at ETA their usual asking a no go .

Wish these were still for sale http://irreantumwatch.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=6

Irreantum_Magellen_orange_wrist.jpg

Irreantummagellen-orange-rocks.jpgDoxa clone they went for $545, Irreantum Magellan.

I got a DB master 2000 with eta 2824 (2000 meter with HV valve).The very fist that came out 4 years ago.I got it to use as areal diver to avoid abusing my Gen watches.

So far it has proven to be very reliable.Dont know abou these new ones propably the would be good as well.

I bought a Gen Luminox Black Ops for snorkeling and ocean wear. It's quartz but it's steel with a screw in crown. The tritium is the best in low light situations and no light situations. The problem is the lack of more than one piece of tritium on the rotating bezel. Still a good water watch for sub $400. Beware where you buy as many of the Luminox watches that didn't pass strict QC are sold all over but particularly at Amazin and Luminox will not warranty watches from sales outside ADs. Though if you were former military you can buy them through GovX for a reasonable price. Still not cheap and this brand had just climbed steadily in price. Beware of the non screw-in bezels if you plan on going past 10 feet deep as double O rings just aren't enough.

I bought a Gen Luminox Black Ops for snorkeling and ocean wear. It's quartz but it's steel with a screw in crown. The tritium is the best in low light situations and no light situations. The problem is the lack of more than one piece of tritium on the rotating bezel. Still a good water watch for sub $400. Beware where you buy as many of the Luminox watches that didn't pass strict QC are sold all over but particularly at Amazin and Luminox will not warranty watches from sales outside ADs. Though if you were former military you can buy them through GovX for a reasonable price. Still not cheap and this brand had just climbed steadily in price. Beware of the non screw-in bezels if you plan on going past 10 feet deep as double O rings just aren't enough.

Bought my son a Luminox off World of Watches used last summer as life guard plenty of saves no problems. (under 200 great deal!)

3051_l.jpg

Used again this summer swimming in ocean again all good, trying to get in Navy Seals this fall. If he does I will be buying him some watch, no way I want him to have ANY issues for obvious reasons.

What is the best for that application guys / I have a few in mind, any suggestions might have missed something.

Thinking this one:  https://www.marathonwatch.com/product/divers-automatic

Its got an Orange hand :inverted: A mate of mine has just picked one of this up for $250.00 which i think is a real steal considering they were a limited production run. Love these small boutique watch brands, its like a revival of the 1960's with lots of small companies producing divers watches.

post-12988-0-11731900-1408177040_thumb.j

Its got an Orange hand :inverted: A mate of mine has just picked one of this up for $250.00 which i think is a real steal considering they were a limited production run. Love these small boutique watch brands, its like a revival of the 1960's with lots of small companies producing divers watches.

Have that one mate.

• 2 weeks later...

trying to get in Navy Seals this fall. If he does I will be buying him some watch, no way I want him to have ANY issues for obvious reasons.

What is the best for that application guys / I have a few in mind, any suggestions might have missed something.

Only one way to go. G-Shock, digital display that is easy to read at a glance and they hold up well in salt water which is something to seriously consider as going through selection you spend a lot of time in the surf and you don't get time to rinse it with clean water. Light at the push of a button, can display mil time and they are bomb proof. In all honesty though a watch is not needed during the initial BUDS phase as time becomes irrelevant once you step onto the grinder.