When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Speedmaster

murphhprum

I'm looking to purchase a Speedmaster in the next couple of days but don't really know who to buy from. Besides the size difference I can't see what the difference is between the Speedmaster from Toro or Trusty. I'm guessing they are pretty much the same watch, but does anyone recomend which vendor I should use? both links should be attached. Thanks!

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_142&product_id=602

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=535

having just dealt with toro and it being an easy transaction, i would say go with him, i have no experience with andrew.

i feel toro is a smaller dealer and may offer a more personal experience.

you probably wouldnt go wrong with either, toro does accept paypal assuming you meet his requirements, i dont think andrew does

I used to deal with Andrew and would recommend him, he does accept Paypal. I've tried dealing with Toro but unless you have 3 legs and 4 heads and the planets are in alignment, he still won't accept Paypal. I've also been using Ryan at Intime and he accepts Paypal and so far has been great to deal with.

those are 2 different dials.

very simliar but small differences.

toros has the concentric sub dials.

this version is slightly bigger and will take a gen plexi.

the rehaut on these are brushed.

the trusty version is slightly smaller.

subdials are recessed but its really hard to tell unless you hit the light just right.

slightly smaller

comes with a sapphire dome.

rehaut on these are black and look much better imo.

i had the version trusty sells and honestly, you cant go wrong with either version but if you plan on putting a gen plexi on it, go with the toro version.

i had the brushed rehaut version, it is not really that hard to airbrush it a satin black, which you can do when you go to freeze the 6 oclock sub dial. also installed a sternkruz plexy which made it very awesome to look at.

eventually the st19 chrono wouldnt reset to zero and i sold it

4949660367_cba81e9cc9_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

There are No good Speedmaster reps...anywhere. This pains me because it's my favorite watch but I don't want to pay for the gen plus its servicing costs.

the gen's not a bad purchase, can be had for as little as $2,300, service it privately with a watch smith that has an omega parts account and youre doing fine. they also hold their value above most other omegas (once you buy it second hand)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

i know this question must been heard a million. But i spend nearly all night searching for a good speed rep.

went to the trusted sellers, and noticed nearly all speedy ( the manual one with seagull not quartz ) where incorrect in sub dial spacing / markers / or size ( 38mm with professionnal marking )

the torobravo being my favorite, it just lack the automatic marking for a perfect reduced rep.  :(

i'm looking for a 3570.50 replica (42mm / nasa back casing )

i found 1 matching theses criteria but haven't find any reviews on here, possible scam?

(sorry can't post the links  it's on demo watch ) 

i apologize if already treated eslewhere, but i'm a total noob concerning rep  :(

What you're ^^ looking for doesn't exist.

All the mechanical reps have the wrong sub dial spacing. They're spaced like the reduced version but is the standard size.

Closest one you're gonna find is the one with a ST19 manual wind movement with the wrong spacing.

Only way to get the tight sub dial spacing is to buy a gen

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What you're ^^ looking for doesn't exist.

All the mechanical reps have the wrong sub dial spacing. They're spaced like the reduced version but is the standard size.

Closest one you're gonna find is the one with a ST19 manual wind movement with the wrong spacing.

Only way to get the tight sub dial spacing is to buy a gen

What if you bought a gen dial? Or would it be better to buy an older gen watch and swap out the movement for a newer modified one e.g. auto or seagull