When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My AP Divers, the three Amigos !

panerai153

After many months of waiting, I finally got my S/S V5 back from Vac. this is the first time in many months that all three have been home at one time. It's been nasty and rainy outside, so I figured this was a good time to take some group photos.

My group consists of:

S/S V5

Rose Gold

FC V3

I really like the AP divers, like the AP ROO Chronographs as well, but I find the divers more comfortable to wear. To my old eyes, they are very gen like and I believe with a little modding, they would fool anyone but a real died in the wool AP expert. I had the opportunity last week to visit a watch seller in Montreal that sells primarily pre owned watches. They had several AP's on display and I was able to get a really good close up look at them. None of them were divers. One thing that  I see that is a pretty glaring defect with our reps, is the crystal and  Cyclops AR. The genuine watches that I looked at, and they were out in the open, not behind glass, as  I asked to look at them, literally from every angle looked as though there was no crystal or Cyclops on the watch. Absolutely no reflections or distortion. Now it could have been the lighting, which was diffuse fluorescent, but the "lack of glass' effect was pretty astounding. I looked at my FC that same day and while the AR on the crystal is pretty good, the Cyclops is a letdown. Other than that though I believe that our AP reps are pretty impressive. Here are a few photos of mine.

post-327-0-03569400-1410638648_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-49210000-1410638742_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-67219800-1410638698_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-38781600-1410638718_thumb.jpg

Woah Big A, nice family you got there. :thumbs:

I concur with you, one main "weakness" of the rep diver is the crystal and cyclops clarity. Another more subtle tell is the low-beat movement "tick" on the gen vs the high beat sweep on the rep. But really, the divers are as close as AP ROO reps go.

The ceramic one has just been released, you might wish to consider adding that to the family. ;)

Wear all of them well mate! 

Sweet mixture of divers there. I much prefer the tang buckle to the deployment strap too. I'm slowly changing all my ROO's and Divers away from deployment straps - it costs a small fortune though!

Im getting the FC for sure! But now in doubt... J12 v3, noob v4 (v1) or wait for an updated j12 v4/v5?

Markie

Remember, "he who hesitates us lost"!!! Buy the one you like now and enjoy it. You know how these reps work, they will fix one problem, and backslide on something else. There is never going to be a "perfect" rep, we all know that and learn to live with the faults

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...