When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster 300 from Basel 2014 released on PT

maevit4996

You will be fine Derik, it is how it looks. The known flaws have already been discussed in this thread. Toro's one is a completely different rep. The flaws with that rep have nothing to do with the one you bought and do not change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh okay - then you're fine - As Luc said, Andrew's is okay as long as your caseback engraving paint doesn't rub off haha... then some tester's black enamel and a tiny brush or a replacement from Andrew are necessary. Other than that, his rep is very close to genuine. Cheers, wear it in good health!

Toro really should be taken off here as a trusted-dealer if his rep's are that far off...

Toro really should be taken off here as a trusted-dealer if his rep's are that far off...

Not sure if you're being serious here, but whether a dealer is trusted or not should depend on the quality of his service rather than the accuracy of his products. Toro carries the good SM300 rep, as well as a bunch of shitty ones, but a quick browse through the listings make it obvious which is which. The onus should fall on the buyer to make sure he's ordering the right one.

You will be fine Derik, it is how it looks. The known flaws have already been discussed in this thread. Toro's one is a completely different rep. The flaws with that rep have nothing to do with the one you bought and do not change anything.

Haha, if the "known flaws" do not include the completely wrong lower part of the bezel ring, which should be polished but is not on any rep of this watch and is an immediate tell, why should anyone care about the watches' caseback?

Not sure if you own one Peter but having had one on my wrist, this is one of the most minor tells you can imagine! The dial is much more of a tell.

Haha, if the "known flaws" do not include the completely wrong lower part of the bezel ring, which should be polished but is not on any rep of this watch and is an immediate tell, why should anyone care about the watches' caseback?

Hi Guys,

What do you think can be (easily) done to make it more "gen-like"?

I noticed that the crown and the outer part of the bezel could be more "shiny" and could use some polishing.

What else should/could be done? Where can I find further Details on the flaws which have been discovered so far??

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea how to get the bezel insert straightened? Do you have to take the bezel off?

Hi ww,

Saw this post and the follow-up responses. Did you ever get around to lining the insert up?

Mine is also slightly misaligned, and I'm thinking about busting out the wife's hairdryer and having a go (with the watch). But would like to check if there's anything to look out for before proceeding.

Thanks!

Hi ww,

Saw this post and the follow-up responses. Did you ever get around to lining the insert up?

Mine is also slightly misaligned, and I'm thinking about busting out the wife's hairdryer and having a go (with the watch). But would like to check if there's anything to look out for before proceeding.

Thanks!

+1 I thought this too but think my dial was out of alignment by 1/2mm and insert is straight

Why do you think that your dial is misaligned, but not your bezel?

I feel when I centre the lume dot at centre between the lugs the dial 12 triangle marker seems out by at least 1mm clockwise. I'll get a better pic later but I reckoned it was the dial not the bezel insert which is not centred

Here's a quick pic I've aligned the 9 and 3 bezel markers with centre of the crown and the pearl seems to be centred between the lugs. But still I feel the alignment between dial marker at 12 and bezel pearl is a smudge off, I must be getting bad when I'm scrutinising things like this LOL.!13b47e4b9d41c0afed5b7768058a220f.jpg

Edited by rusky158